Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement flooring for HF1600 Lusso  (Read 4533 times)
gustosomerset
Lapsed

« on: 19 December, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »

My HF has its original rubber flooring....but it's showing it's age. Splits in a number of places and general wear and tear. I've seen some pattern replacements on eBay in the U.S. for crazy amounts of money - anyone any better ideas? Many thanks.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »

My HF has its original rubber flooring....but it's showing it's age. Splits in a number of places and general wear and tear. I've seen some pattern replacements on eBay in the U.S. for crazy amounts of money - anyone any better ideas? Many thanks.
LHD Rubber flooring isn't a problem as it's available from Italy, RHD?, that's another matter, I've been looking for over 10 years for new RHD for my series 1 2C Berlina with no luck.
That is unless someone knows different.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 20 December, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »

Not sure if they source all their rubber mats from Italy too, or do any other model's rubber mats, but heres a link as they are listing all B20 rubber mats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Aurelia-B20-GT-V-VI-Series-Rubber-Floor-New-/200448095170?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eaba333c2

P

Frank Gallagher
roddy

« Reply #3 on: 20 December, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »

You might need to just bite the bullet and pay the price for the molded rubber on each of the sills, and likewise across the the front of the rear seat.   However as far as the footwells and floorpan is concerned, Woolies supply a ribbed rubber in a width that can fit from side to side as a one piece in the front, and likewise in the rear.   It is just wide enough to go from the inner wing side panel forward of the front of the sill, to the other side.   You would need to use your existing mats as a template for shape and darts (rear footwells and front wheelarches etc).  50mm wide tape could be used on the underside of the darts to maintain the shape - a H/D cloth type might be best, stuck on to the underside of the rubber with adhesive sealant, such as Sikaflex 221 (black).   I bought a metre length to use as an overlay on the front carpet and the cost was about £15.

It's just an idea?

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
B20B24

« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »

This is the real deal from Italy - the stuff you see on eBay is sourced from them:

http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it

They speak English but don't expect a quick response...best quality though, and the range is amazing.

Clive

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 20 December, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »

This is the real deal from Italy - the stuff you see on eBay is sourced from them:

http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it

They speak English but don't expect a quick response...best quality though, and the range is amazing.

Clive

This  is the company I had in mind, but while some of the mats will fit LHD & RHD, the front mats all seem to be LHD ONLY, which leaves Roddys suggestion as the only one practical for RHD owners.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
gustosomerset
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 26 December, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Very many thanks for all of your help. The Italian source looks good (although LHD only). Expensive, but less ridiculous than the prices I've seen elsewhere. Roddy's suggestion certainly seems like the most reasonable solution though.

Someone told me that when the RHD 1.6HF's were imported to the UK, they generally ripped out the rubber flooring and replaces with carpet - on the basis that no-one in the UK would pay that much money for a car without a proper carpet....

Mine was originally sold direct from the factory to South Africa, before eventually making its way back to the UK. So it's an odd combination of RHD with KPH speedo, 'non-eyebrow' headlights and rubber flooring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd