Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:07:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a fulvia!  (Read 10116 times)
ian
« Reply #15 on: 14 November, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

took mine out of the garage on Saturday, was able to shut off choke straightaway and ticked over nice and slow. Last drove her the weekend before.  Grin what I haven't done yet though is replace the air intake hose on the air filter....still in the boot!
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 15 November, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »

I've never had one of those hoses on mine from the day I bought it - it just wasn't there. Still seems to warm quickly and idle nicely on a cold day. Do you notice a big difference with it fitted?

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
ian
« Reply #17 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

short answer...no! Air box has summer /winter lever, always have mine set on summer. I suppose in warmer weather (remember that phenomenon?) with it back on, it will pick up cooler air....but I've never driven it slow enough for it to be a problem  Wink
ian
« Reply #18 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

just realized what I said earlier! Idiot! Of course the hose fits above the exhaust manifold so will pick up warmer air in winter. Shows how long its been off for  Grin Still warms up quick enough though when driven briskly!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 15 November, 2011, 11:22:57 PM »

If anyone wants to experiment I have the air cleaner, & the collector from the manifold, but no hose for sale, I bought it sometime ago with the view of fitting it to "Fay" who only has an air intake pipe with no fancy add ons, but never got around to fitting it, if anyone interested drop me a PM.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 03 December, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »

Collector now fitted thanks Brian,so running should improve in cold weather when setting off.I will measure the temperature at the airbox and note the difference richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 05 December, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

Collector now evaluated!with ambient values at 6 degrees C today the collector raised the temperature measured at the airbox inlet to 26 degrees C

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd