Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mrs Arris/Fulvia mod  (Read 2497 times)
tumshie

« on: 08 November, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »

My wife has expressed interest in the Fulvia sport shown at the top of the Mrs Arris article. Her Sport has rather
tired aluminium trim and the headlights are not ' Brilliant' !. The car in the Photo seemsto have a special insert
and round headlamps. She would like to know if this is a 'one off' adaptation as it seems very neat.
Can Julia or Jack Romano or anyone shed any light on this ?
Julia
Lapsed

The Illusionist

« Reply #1 on: 08 November, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the nearest standard version to this style is the American market Zagato.

As for this particular car, I'll get in touch with the owner and see what I can find out!
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »

Vere Lancia have built up cars with twin lights. I doubt it is that difficult to do but it may be a good place to start.

http://www.verelancia.com/

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »

Dare I say it but there was a good thread on Lancisti.com from Peter Bolse who modified his fulvia sport to that confirguration before he took off to Australia....

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
roddy

« Reply #4 on: 12 November, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »

Hello Chris

I think any conversion would need a custom made backing plate, which might not be too difficult.   The harder part might be getting a suitable surround to finish off the appearance.   Peter Pompilii modified Integrale units for his car - now with Mark Webb.   The 'Daytona' works cars used 7" inner and 5.75" outer, similar to what Vere Lancia are using.   Pete Bolser used a 5.75" outer and an aftermarket inner fog lamp unit (about 4" (?)), with polycarbonate covers supplied by Omicron.   Although these covers are quite expensive (circa £200?), they could be a cheaper option than trying to replace a now unobtainable Cibie which has a stone through its lense!   The American cars which had to use round lamps in certain states seemed to use two 5.75" units in a stepped back plate, similar to the eyebrow coupé, with a chrome or stainless surround.

Regards - Roddy 

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd