Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:06:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia window frame  (Read 2242 times)
rodney3010
Lapsed

« on: 29 October, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »

My series 3 Fulvia coupe has had an attack of rust on the vertical part of the frame that holds the passenger side rear window in place. Due to its shape I don't think its going to be that easy to fabricate so if anyone has a bodyshell not worth restoring which they can take a piece off I would be very appreciative. If it helps its only the bottom half that has been eaten away.
Rodders
Nick Gramaglia

« Reply #1 on: 30 October, 2011, 06:50:33 AM »

Hi Rodders

There is a Coupe being broken on E Bay if it helps.

Item number: 150683231665

Nick
roddy

« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »

A fairly common place to discover rot!   It is all caused because the stainless capping on the pillar is open to the elements at the top end, just under the roof gutter bright metal.  Water will get in when washing the car, etc., and there may not be an easy opening at the bottom for it to drain away.

When refitting the rear quarter window and the stainless cappings, seal it all round the top area, and anywhere else that looks like open invitation to the elements.   I used Sikaflex 221, but even a domestic silicon sealant would do.

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd