Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:27:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta/Yps vrs Leon/Polo  (Read 4221 times)
angelorange
Megaposter

« on: 20 October, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/274108/chrysler_ypsilon_and_delta_vs_rivals.html

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
ian
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »

I've always been a big Italian nut and have never really gone for VW. But reading the review on the Yps....it looks.....well crap, compared with the Polo. I don't get the Yps styling. That rear end? The dash? I want to like it but.....
Now to read the Delta/Leon review.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 November, 2011, 02:45:07 AM »

I've always been a big Italian nut and have never really gone for VW. But reading the review on the Yps....it looks.....well crap, compared with the Polo. I don't get the Yps styling. That rear end? The dash? I want to like it but.....
Now to read the Delta/Leon review.

Suggest you go and look for yourself as it looks much better in the metal than in any photos I've seen, as does the Delta, before making judgement.
Personally I liked it apart from the two tone paint on the bonnet, but I understand you can have the two tone on the roof, and give the bonnet a miss.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ian
« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »

yup, I agree I should look at the flesh before making judgement  Grin. I quite like the two tone look, makes the car look more sophisticated. But feel that the body looks a bit, awkward, compared to the polo.
ian
« Reply #4 on: 13 November, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »

another review in the Express today.....I'll let some one else comment on that one  Grin
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 13 November, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »

another review in the Express today.....I'll let some one else comment on that one  Grin

Yeah, I saw that too. Another road test and unfortunately another drubbing. Same in the latest What Car? where it comes second to a Micra, both cars getting two out of five stars.

The Delta also features in the same magazine against the Golf, new 1-Series and soon to be announced Civic. It comes last and apart from space it gets a torrid time finishing last.

The Delta let's remember has arrived years too late, it isn't that surprising it is not best in class anymore, but it is still a good car and should sell to people wanting a change to the norm, the Ypsilon however is brand new and should be better than it is. It has got some fine engines but is too small, not particularly well screwed together, odd looking both inside and out and quite expensive. Mate all these negatives with a Chrysler badge gives it very little chance against the class best.

The past two Ypsilons although quirky, had that chic factor about them in the way the latest Cinquecento has, this new one does not, it has tried to grow up and unfortunately is failing which is a sad affair. Hope it fares better in the rest of Europe.

Perhaps it was a good move by Fiat to test the water under a different name, just imagine trying relauch our great marque with a 3.5 year old model and a mediocre new supermini, Lancia would have been left well and truly in the UK with egg on its face.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 13 November, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »

Amazingly at the NEC this weekend I spoke to one owner of a Delta who was delighted with it (been a PT Cruiser owner before) ... however only one other person new that Delta was back in the UK , everyone else thought Lancias weren't made anymore and didn't know of the Chrysler tie in and didn't understand it when explained.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
ian
« Reply #7 on: 13 November, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »

I think thats  how Fiat want it and to be honest, Fiat would be better to keep it that way
« Last Edit: 13 November, 2011, 10:00:57 PM by ian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd