Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 04:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom Up - Or playing with banned forum words! (Split from Gamma Parts Thread)  (Read 10064 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« on: 28 September, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »

Hullo Mate, Wd u b nterestd ina p/x 4 my unfinshed pruject Grenada Mark Two hebottom? Chz, Darren frm SX
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2011, 03:51:59 PM by stuwilson128 » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2011, 09:33:36 PM »

Grin
« Last Edit: 28 September, 2011, 09:55:15 PM by thecolonel » Logged
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »

there's that hebottom thing again - definite bug. Typed "he@rse"

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

... though given that "bottom" and "@rse" are interchangeable in real life so to speak I guess it must be some sort of programmed-in language sanitiser ... let me just check that

arse

Alan Murphy

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »

yep it changes @rse to bottom.

wonder what else it does

Alan Murphy

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »

Research results (some leading up interesting avenues):

Martin & Brian, I love your suggestions about the nurse / hebottom, but I'm stil hoping Kevin will buy the Esagamma!

I have a surplus steering drop arm, which I think is cobottom spline (20 splines on the inner circumsference), bought from Cavallito a couple of years back  -  if you have not already found one, you are welcome to have it for the price I paid.

Nick Savage
01895 635379

next up, and in the "accidental bottomry" category ("bottomry" is in fact a nautical salvage term):

Hi Robin. Just a long shot, difficult when not actually there to listen to, but here goes . Years ago i had an early mgb which had a dynamo, i had a horrible noise which increased with revs, how i found the culprit was, i took the fan belt off, and the noise was not there anymore, it turned out 1 of the 2 long screws that go right through the dynamo, had snapped half way inside, what was happening was, when on idle, i.e. slower rotation, the end of the screw nebottomst the head of the screw would drop down and rub against the rotating part inside, but when the revs were increased the screw inside then got thrown about more and was bouncing off the rotating part and against the outer casing making a noise like you describe. As i say only a long shot, but sometimes its easy to overlook the simple things. Good luck. Roger.

I use both a PC and an Apple on daily basis... but I'm a Mac fan 100 percent.  PC users and IT technicians get shot down by me when they slate the mac and insist that's it's on its way out.  I have 10 times as many facts and figures, innovations and the like to respond with in my bottomnal of knowledge demonstrating why Apple is the better choice.  It's satisfying to counter the PC geeks, some of whom feel compelled to belittle the Apple without ever having used one.

Marky

I can't believe it. Common sense. It only takes 5 minutes to get a quote and this has turned into 5 pages of girly bitching. I'm just a member who reads the mag, has a look on here, asks a few questions and did a few track days. Now I remember the reason I resigned from my other club - people. What a pain in the bottom most of you are. And reading this, do you all behave and communicate like this at work? Because if you do, I'm telling you now, your colleagues must think you're a right bunch of tossers. There are a few exceptions in this thread who seem level headed but mostly I couldn't stand to spend more than 30 seconds in the company of most of you.  ....

Excellent and clear summary by Don. Actions speak louder than words and this should have been done by one of us some time ago. With the addition of Colin's points I cannot immediately see any glaring omissions.Using Don's post as an action list for discussion is then sufficiently clear for me as the arguments are well rehebottomd by now and need no further elaboration.

... and, finally, my pebottomnal favourite:

The Andy Saunders car also has an east west mounted engine, whereas the original at the bottomnale was in line, as it would have been in a Fulvia.

Brian
8227 Cool

« Last Edit: 28 September, 2011, 10:15:58 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

thecolonel
« Reply #6 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »

Not quite sure what this has to do with the brilliant work of the Gamma consortium, still.
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »

not a lot ... but you could get yourself on topic again if you edited your original post to mis-spell "release bearing"

Alan Murphy

thecolonel
« Reply #8 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »

I always use a spell checker, so pretty sure "release bearing" is correct
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »

yes but if you mis-spelt it as "rele@rse bearing" you might win a prize ..

Alan Murphy

ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 29 September, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »

Let's see what happens if you are a football fan and your local team at the Emirates Stadium is known as bottomnal! Yes, you would have to write it as @rsenal.

I suppose the connection with Gamma might be that some people regard @rsenal as a lost cause, but then that also seems to be part of their attraction.

Colin
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2011, 08:36:19 AM by ColinMarr » Logged
thecolonel
« Reply #11 on: 29 September, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

I think you are probably right Colin,
It can be a labour of love, but look at
the end result, 30 of the best looking
PF cars with some of the best looking
dedicated owners.
At least the amount of stick we get is
slowly reducing, so we must be doing
something right.
;-})
thecolonel
« Reply #12 on: 29 September, 2011, 04:01:49 PM »

bottom , bum , brown stuff , testicles

So that covers:
@rse , bum , sh*t  and b*ll*cks
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2011, 04:04:06 PM by thecolonel » Logged
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 02 February, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »

Also discovered today that "fu*king sh*t" is moderated to "loving brown stuff" but it leaves p1ss alone

Alan Murphy

chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 02 February, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »

Seems to like cock  Roll Eyes

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3