Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:56:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any tips for Spa?  (Read 4307 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 20 September, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »

Looks like I'm off to the Spa 6hrs this weekend having "almost" gone the last five years. 

Any tips?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 September, 2011, 07:19:38 AM »

hi David,have a good weekend as the local sat/sunday weather forcast seems ok at the moment.there used to be a good veiwing spot on the exit of hairpin with a gap in the fencing.this provided the chance to get more than close enough to the action as a spectator but i doubt if it still exists if my recent visit to brands hatch is an indicator of the way safety measures are progressing[safety fencing BOTH sides of the druids hairpin approach now -what next a 'lid' over the top?there was  a small motor museum nearby but was closed last visit.time permitting a visit to the original road cicuit may be of interest and also the nurburgring is not too far away.there should be a bit of a social in the clubhouse on saturday with entertainment  etc.last visit we camped near to a local pub and had to eject an intruder who was in one of our tents[remember that P.Jennings if you are here?]lots of interesting stuff on the entry list i expect!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: 21 September, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »

Hello David, I will be covering Spa 6 Hours and happy to meet up at some point on Saturday around lunchtime near the Media Centre. There are 117 cars lining up for the main race that starts at 16.00hrs on Saturday. please send me a pm

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 21 September, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »

Not a tip, just info.

http://www.roadbook.be/spasixhours/en/index.html

I love the comment at the foot of this page regarding noise!  Grin

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 21 September, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »

i love the comment elsewhere on the page that says  '25 euros'- for three days sounds good value

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 September, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »

Follow this link to PistonHeads and its only 15 euros...  How much is three days at Goodwood?  Much as it was a shame to miss Goodwood this year I've soooo long wanted to visit Spa.

The challange now is a balanced diet over the weekend - how many beers per bag of chips?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: 22 September, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

Take a stroll to the far side of the track, soon use up the calories!

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 22 September, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »

so hows it going then?

peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: 26 September, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »

Great weekend of racing at spa, as well as the six hour race it included a full programme with World Sports Cars and Grand Prix Cars. All for twenty five euro. The weather was also unbelievable. Finally caught up with David in the Media Centre. Retro-Speed magazine supported three cars, the first, a Mustang blew it's diff but the Shelby 350 managed a fifteenth and the lightweight E Type 24th. Sorry no Lancias. Full image gallery and updates on www.retro-speed.co.uk
« Last Edit: 26 September, 2011, 07:33:35 AM by peterbaker » Logged

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 26 September, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »

A brilliant weekend...   

I'll post more when I catch up with myself.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 26 September, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »

I now have a YouTube channel.  Its just taken with an ordinary point and shoot camera but the sound is good enough to take me right back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidCBLaver

One camera does nice small MPG files, the other huge great AVI files... Anyone know how to compress an AVI to a sensible enough size to upload?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd