Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:45:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: e-petition worth signing  (Read 1898 times)
Alan Temple

« on: 10 September, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »

This is the thin end of the wedge and will give unscrupulous BPA members a licence to print money and create misery. Please sign http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/6342
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »

I'd half filled this in, but thinking about it, while I agree that parking companies and local councils (including their profiteering on speed cameras as well a parking fines) are a predatory menace, what excuse is there for having a car in your name that doesn't belong to you? The V5 provides the seller with the opportunity to notify that you are no longer the keeper doesn't it?

People who don't make the notification provide ideal vehicles for criminals involved in matters far more serious than parking and speeding offences. I know of someone who has been able to drive round in a 10 plate Range Rover Sport (you'd never guess would you!) that is still out to Land Rover Fleet, even though they sold it in February. Don't know how they do it but actual ownership/notification should be the issue for law enforcement/government.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd