Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:55:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1600 Engine rebuild  (Read 9303 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 24 August, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »

Tony,

Yes, well done!

The story of your engine rebuild has gone under different headings, including “Bore-honing” and then “Engine rebuild 1600”. It would be great if you could tell us how it all went, and when you get to it, some indication of oil consumption. I think you said that you simply (ha ha!) honed the bores and fitted new rings. I would be interested to know how this worked for you.

Thanks,

Colin 
zagatoboy
« Reply #16 on: 24 August, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »

Hi Colin,
It's taken such a long time having been waiting for parts and bits to be machined and then finding the time to work on it, I took last weekend off to finish it just to find out Sat afternoon the half moon rubber gaskets were missing from the set, Omicron then charged me another £6.80 for them telling me they were'nt gaskets! I've taken lot's of photo's but still don't know how to load them up on here, I was going to show Brian the pic's of the bores after honing with a machine he recommended
The only job left to do on the engine now is to check the ignition timing.
I'm going to do about 600 miles with the mineral oil in the change to fully synthentic, I'll then monitor the consumption, oil pressure last night with engine at normal temp was 40-45psi and driving it shot up to 90psi, prior to the rebuild it was 0 on tick over and 30-40 when being driven, not an ounce of blue from the exhaust when started and a lot quieter than before.
As I said before, it's almost 30 years ago since I used to rebuild these for a living and it's amazing how quickly you remember things  Wink 
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 25 August, 2011, 08:23:41 AM »

Tony,

I am full of admiration and a bit of envy!

Am I right in remembering that you did all this with the engine/ block in-situ in the car? Perhaps you should lead a master-class.

Colin
zagatoboy
« Reply #18 on: 25 August, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »

Yes Colin, we never used to remove the block unless it needed crank work, this can be easily checked from underneath, thankfully mine was perfect so I left it in situ.
You'll be amazed at how much room there is to work on it when you have the rad out and head off.
As for Master class, i'll leave that one with Harry! bless him.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd