Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flaminia  (Read 214333 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #75 on: 13 October, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »

* Scan0010.jpg (262.88 KB, 1654x2338 - viewed 584 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #76 on: 13 October, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »

And the rear lights make a difference too - not sure if you can retrofit those but they are available new

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #77 on: 14 October, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

Richard, here is another shot of the car at Covent Garden in 2007 if that is any help.

* Flaminia Covent Garden 2007.jpg (76.39 KB, 640x480 - viewed 567 times.)

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #78 on: 14 October, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »

Richard, here is another shot of the car at Covent Garden in 2007 if that is any help.
If it's still the same owner as in the 200 Register, which I supect it is, it belongs to Martin & elizabelth Cliffe at Omicron.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #79 on: 14 October, 2011, 11:41:21 AM »

its now with Charles Frodsham according to C&SC JULY article.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #80 on: 15 October, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

i see this car is still on the RTCC website too[with pics]

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #81 on: 07 December, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »

Trying to make progress with my flaminia PF which is now booked in for welding work which can start as soon as I can deliver the car along with new/spare/refurbished  brake components which are to be fitted at the same visit to the workshop.I have fitted new plugs today which have improved starting and running but I have noticed an irregular exhaust beat from the r/h pipe.when I put my hand to the end of the pipe there is a negative pressure experienced which accompanies one of the pulses in the cycle.advice welcome!best regards richard

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #82 on: 07 December, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »

Have you been taking any pictures?

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #83 on: 11 February, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »

no new pictures as yet but I am again wondering if there is a way of re  registering as 310 HUS which is no longer in  the DVLA record book according to my local office.richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #84 on: 16 February, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »

Progress is on the horizon!the PF is now in the welding bay despite suffering a puncture en route due to a screw so will have to look in the stores for another s/h wheel/tyre to keep things rolling.if anyone has some good condition 165 or 175 400 tyres to replace my ageing rubber and to  go with my new spare please let me know.best regards richard

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #85 on: 17 February, 2012, 12:17:28 AM »

no new pictures as yet but I am again wondering if there is a way of re  registering as 310 HUS which is no longer in  the DVLA record book according to my local office.richard
Richard,
 do you have documentation to prove that 310 HUS was originally on your Flaminia, because when I tried to get Fay 224D back in 1999 the DVLA said they had no record and insisted that FAY had never be issued on a "D" Suffix, took me best part of a year to convince them even though I had her first tax disc dated 1/1/1966 and her last one finishing end december 1975, eventually it was issued but, as Non Transferable.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #86 on: 17 February, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »

Hi Brian,310 HUS is on my Ireland 'logbook' as the previous UK ID but DVLA don't have a record of it so presumably it  has not been transferred to another vehicle.I have been offered a 3 no/3 letter alternative reg.so how should one proceed?richard
« Last Edit: 18 February, 2012, 07:20:24 AM by Richard Fridd » Logged

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #87 on: 17 February, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

If I remember correctly, does 310 HUS not appear in the original 1961 logbook for this car (it also had at one stage a personal number assigned)?

There is also a more recent letter on file from DVLA telling a previous UK owner that her request to revert to one or other of these numbers (probably the personal one - I think it was registered as 310 HUS at the time) was not possible.

Of course the apparent non-availability now of what was the former reg no for this car could point up some sort of identity transfer sculduggery along the way but I doubt it.

As far as I know, 310 HUS was its number when it was exported from the UK to Ireland and re-registered here. It is possible that the apparent unavailability of the number now has to do with the fact that the Irish registration authorities did not do what was necessary (such as notifying DVLA of the re-registration and  taking in and sending DVLA the log book) to cause the number to become available for reassignment in DVLA records.

Another possibility is that the car was in storage for so long that it was never issued with a modern registration document and that this has somehow affected its status within the more modern DVLA records system. Though there must be plenty examples of that happening to cars all oer the UK.

I would have thought it simply a matter of reactivating the former DVLA registration and record of same.

Things are much easier over here in some respects and I always planned to claim the registration PFI 961 for it if I ever got around to it.
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2012, 05:39:34 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #88 on: 17 February, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »

Thankyou Alan.how did your year convincing the DVLA progress Brian?what I did previously with my Vincent  500 was to take the original logbook(which a previous owner gave to me) and bike, to the local office.after much huffing and puffing the original reg was reinstated.best regards richard

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #89 on: 18 February, 2012, 12:35:43 AM »

Thankyou Alan.how did your year convincing the DVLA progress Brian?what I did previously with my Vincent  500 was to take the original logbook(which a previous owner gave to me) and bike, to the local office.after much huffing and puffing the original reg was reinstated.best regards richard
Wasn't as easy as that, I had to somehow find evidence to show the leicestershire office HAD issued FAY on a D Suffix, which the DVLA said wasn't possible despite me having the tax discs and photos showing the number plates on her, this turned out to be a load of BS, as I found out that it was quite common to use up any registration letters and numbers an office had left over at the end of the year, by adding the New Registration suffix.
This was difficult to prove as all the Leicestershire paper records had been destroyed after they were added onto the DVLA computer, and it appears this was quite a common practice.
Eventually I found and wrote to an organisation called the "Kithead Trust" who had managed to save all the records from Leicestershire appertaining to Buses, obviously Fays registration number didn't appear in their records, but gave me proof that FAY had indeed been issued on a "D" suffix, as could be shown in their records, they also wrote a letter for me pointing out that they were very surprised that the DVLA was unaware of this situation as it was common knowledge.
I then rang Mr Jobsworth at the DVLA and told him of my finding whereupon he said "Oh that's all right then, I was curious and didn't realise that was the case" Angry lucky for this gentleman he was at the other end of the phone line rather than being in reach of my hands!
I sent this latest evidence in and shortly received the non transferable number.
All in All it took me about a year.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd