Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:15:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flaminia  (Read 214293 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 23 August, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »

Richard

The various chassis and engine series identification numbers for different types of Flaminia are listed at the front of the Tavola book I gave you (and possibly also the workshop manual).

The grey mashed up car I showed in the earlier for sale thread had a non-siezed 2.8 engine with carbs present. I can't remember what I gave for the transaxle which you now have but I always regretted not offering more for the engine. I believe it went to Portugal and to someone who not only knew its value but was also prepared to offer and pay accordingly.

What news on the light restoration front today? Once you have the charging system sorted you can charge on to the braking system I suppose?

Alan

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 23 August, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »

hi Alan,i telephoned the electrical fellows today who said they will call back later-too busy to have looked at it at that point[they said its more time consuming to test than some things that they handle as they have to connect the dynamo to the regulator with 3 wires!?!will visit them tomorrow.i have spent today putting the spares into storage until reqd.unfortunately the key broke off in the bootlock this afternoon so i have silversoldered it back together and filed it to shape.it wont work in the boot but just about operates the ignition switch which i dismantled to establish knowledge of its inner workings.anyhow if a spare key is not available i will need to get a blank[white key similar profile to a fulvia s1 etc-cant remember if these are available though!]alternatively a new set of barrels/keys all round.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #32 on: 23 August, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »

I've got some Flam Farina keys and locks that were matched by keys galore a few years ago for a car now departed.  Let me know if you need them.  Definitely have the boot lock with a working key in the barrel!

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 24 August, 2011, 06:24:12 AM »

I've got some Flam Farina keys and locks that were matched by keys galore a few years ago for a car now departed.  Let me know if you need them.  Definitely have the boot lock with a working key in the barrel!
thanks William i will give you a ring.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 24 August, 2011, 07:11:18 AM »

Flam 823 engine just popped-up on ebay for £100 (starting bid).  No connection to seller... 

Spare for your 'new' car, Richard?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-V6-all-alloy-Engine-/260836969111?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbb184a97
thank you William,can you tell what size it is?best regards richard
sold at 485 pounds!should be useful-does anyone know of its destiny?richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 24 August, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »

i am now familiar with the inner secrets of the boot lock/catch in addition to the ignition switch!both now stripped/cleaned/lubed and refitted to car and the remains of the repaired key working[but rather frail looking] in both by some miracle-i dont want to add more solder incase that makes matters worse and the key wont work once again.[door and glove box not working though].also passenger door handle has no external means of being locked-anyone know why?i was reluctant to lock the boot with the key in a poor state but will do so now as in the course of removal  discovered a method of activating the mechanism from outside the car with no special tools.if had not found out about this i was thinking about installing a cabin accessible means of release [cable to latch type]for emergencies,and still may do so for the bonnet release mechanism whic is rather more complex than a fulvia.best regards richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 24 August, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »

also to answer the question of the next jobs on the list.once electrics are working brakes will indeed be next job.also i will get the car to the garage across the road and onto their lift to draw up a list of underside jobs which are not apparent at present.looking at the roof more closely it seems what looks like filler is actually 1mm thick filler/paint which has  not adhered properly so i am looking forward to paint strip and hope the roof is in good enough condition to apply the paint left over from my fulvia sedan.best regards richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 05 September, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »

new ignition switch /keys and glovebox/bootlid locks with matching keys now fitted[thanks William].i have now found that the blank which was unsuitable for my fulvia fits my original flaminia ignition switch now that it is cut to match the broken one so if anyone needs a secondhand[correct item with chrome locking ringnut in perfect working order] flaminia ignition switch with key please let me know.best regards richard

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #38 on: 07 September, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »

Steady progress. Onwards and upwards. Maybe all that car needed was a new owner. Are you aiming to drive it to Gaydon then?

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 07 September, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »

Steady progress. Onwards and upwards. Maybe all that car needed was a new owner. Are you aiming to drive it to Gaydon then?
if it is road worthy [which means fitting in a few hundred hours of work] then i see no reason why not, but not sure how my new work situation is going to progress.anyhow should get the replacement regulator soon so will proceed from there .can anyone tell me what the gaydon day will comprise-is it more than just the AGM.richard

ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 07 September, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »

What's all this about Gaydon and AGM? Have I missed something?

Lovely stuff about the Flaminia though! Keep it up.

Colin
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #41 on: 09 September, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »

Yes the re-run of the AGM is to be held in Gaydon on 9 October as per flyer in September Viva Lancia received today.

Alan Murphy

ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 09 September, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »

Alan,

Thanks. I have just received my copy of VL! and I see it too. But it's not so much a re-run, more a rubber stamping operation. I had hoped that this might have been a bit more than that, with an opportunity for members who didn't (or couldn't) attend the event in July to join in some discussion of club affairs, and make something social of it at the same time - seems not.

Colin
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #43 on: 09 September, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »

I am loath to be the one to start a new AGM thread so I hope Richard won't mind us chatting in his Flaminia workshop for now - in reality it is more of a canopy than a workshop but it should provide the necessary "cover".

A few of us were thinking of making the trip (by Lancia) from Dublin on the basis that there would be something to see at Gaydon but I am realising now that it is not another "AGM and National Rally" but rather a necessary procedural formality on the AGM side.

So we may save our lancia road trip for the NEC in November instead when there will be more to see ... or we may yet do both as there is always Lancia business to be done with cars and parts for sale to be looked at, collected and so on. Isn't that right Richard?

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 09 September, 2011, 03:06:50 PM »

More buying than selling just lately!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd