Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kappa A/C probelm  (Read 4206 times)
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« on: 30 June, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »

A friend of a friend in Israel has a problem with the air conditioning in his Kappa Saloon (1995 LANCIA KAPPA 2.0CV 2000 cc Automatic PETROL - Engine: B3BA1.000 Version: 838 AA 11A). The problem apparently is that the A/C compressor clutch is permanently on so the A/C is permanently on. He's had the car checked and someone decided he needs a complete new A/C compressor but none are available in Israel so I've had a request via the mutual friend to see if I can source one in the UK! But I think the problem is more likely to be a faulty relay with fused contacts. So could any Kappa experts out there post a photo of where the A/C relay might be situated and what type of relay it is? And does anyone know what type of A/C compressor is fitted to the Kappas? I would think it's the same as the Fiat Coupe as they share the same engine. Apparently the part number is 7775422. Any help and/or advice will be much appreciated by me, my friend and his friend....  Wink Grin

Theo Kyriacou
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 30 June, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »

This might be a job that a wedge splurged could assist in - you could try "Omnicron"! Not a clue Theo but the Fiat application crossover should help.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 30 June, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »

to check if the electro -magnetic clutch is mechanically or electrically faulty disconnect the 12v supply from the clutch.could be relay or temp sensor or temp control if not a mechanical fault.i would have thought the clutch could be repaired/replaced independently of the compressor anyhow.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd