Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Coupe 2.5 for sale  (Read 33068 times)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 29 July, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »

............and here are the photos.
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #46 on: 29 July, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »

Thanks andy thats what i needed to see, i've got the actual mounts on the box i just didn't know what the mounts on the body looked like, anyway that looks straight forward to fabricate  Wink

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #47 on: 29 July, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »

Chugga

I just "dismantled" a Flam. transmision/suspension assembly last night but apart from a substantial aluminium casting on the back end of the box here was little sign of how it might be attached to the body. The whole assembly is in a pic here but you canīt see the casting as the transaxle seems to be flipped upside down in this shot. Anyhow you can see it at the AGM where it will be appearing on a trailer with a whole Flam. Or in the boot. You donīt have a monopoly on insane Lancia collections and deliveries you know!

Alan

For what it is worth, in my previous post I omitted this pic of the aft aluminum casting which you probably have, and more, on your box as well as beams that I never saw. If I had, maybe I wouldn't have tried to fit the transaxle in backwards through the boot .... I can see now how it works.
« Last Edit: 29 July, 2011, 10:56:51 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #48 on: 01 August, 2011, 06:24:26 PM »

hi all,looking ahead, should my plan for a flaminia in some shape or form materialize i would be grateful for any advice available.i have two questions in my mind-what is the best course of action regarding tyres and am i right in thinking the single carb is easier to live with than the triple.best regards richard
flaminia now arrived thanks to Alans hard work!tyres-just to get myself clear on this i assume 400mm and 16inch tyres are not interchangable considering the quarter inch difference.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #49 on: 01 August, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »

hi all,looking ahead, should my plan for a flaminia in some shape or form materialize i would be grateful for any advice available.i have two questions in my mind-what is the best course of action regarding tyres and am i right in thinking the single carb is easier to live with than the triple.best regards richard
flaminia now arrived thanks to Alans hard work!tyres-just to get myself clear on this i assume 400mm and 16inch tyres are not interchangable considering the quarter inch difference.best regards richard
You are quite correct - you can't put 400 tyres on 16 inch rime or vice versa. People have tried many times and it always ends in failure. 165 x 400 tyres are still available, but I'm not sure about the other widths Regards, John 
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #50 on: 04 August, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »

You are quite correct - you can't put 400 tyres on 16 inch rime or vice versa. People have tried many times and it always ends in failure. 165 x 400 tyres are still available, but I'm not sure about the other widths Regards, John 
a stroke of luck!someone has given me a 175 400 unused michelin which was a spare in the boot of their car.so kept in the dark and looks ok-any others similar would be most welcome!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #51 on: 04 August, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »

Best of luck with the Flaminia Richard, Now that you have started looking for the bits to complete the car you will find that they will come to you (maybe at a price) but you will get there. Thanks . David.

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #52 on: 04 August, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »

Best of luck with the Flaminia Richard, Now that you have started looking for the bits to complete the car you will find that they will come to you (maybe at a price) but you will get there. Thanks . David.
encouragement much appreciated!the car is a good basis for a restoration so wish me well!best regards richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #53 on: 09 August, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »

some progress!i have now managed to start the engine and can now control the engine speed with the help of a refurbished throttle pedal assembly[this is a hollow steel spindle which runs within an ally casting bolted to the floor pan].the remainder of the throttle linkage contains quite a few more components than a standard 'cable only set up'.also sparkplugs cleaned and a missing plug terminal replaced.fuel filter stripped and cleaned and element refitted which was with the spares.next job is to check the charging circuit and fit new battery cables with a master cut out switch-42Ah battery reqd .parking brake ratchet not holding .will need to think of a solution to that problem.carpets will just about suvive but will need two mats to fit front footwells.best regards richard

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #54 on: 09 August, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »

Glad to hear its running for you. It runs nicely doesn't it? Must be better now with your TLC. Fuel filter element with spares? Did I leave you a box of spares I didn't know I had? I have made similar progress starting the Fulvia 2C. Next is to dismantle it completely.cheers

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #55 on: 09 August, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »

Hi Alan,
Didn't realise you had a 2c, any details and photos please.
If you need any help I'd be happy to oblige.

Brian 8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #56 on: 10 August, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »

Glad to hear its running for you. It runs nicely doesn't it? Must be better now with your TLC. Fuel filter element with spares? Did I leave you a box of spares I didn't know I had? I have made similar progress starting the Fulvia 2C. Next is to dismantle it completely.cheers

hi Alan.the fuel filter was the blue thing in the glove box.looking forward to hearing about your new 2c.best regards richard

fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #57 on: 10 August, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »

Hi Alan,

Brian 8227 Cool

Its the ex-Peter & Lin Baker and ex-Lee Proudfoot car - so its one you probably know.  Fundamentally great, but needs some serious TLC to lower external panels - sills, door bottoms etc.  A stonking engine, I gather, and from what I recall, a very nice interior.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #58 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:09:29 AM »

Hi Alan,
Brian 8227 Cool
Its the ex-Peter & Lin Baker and ex-Lee Proudfoot car - so its one you probably know.  Fundamentally great, but needs some serious TLC to lower external panels - sills, door bottoms etc.  A stonking engine, I gather, and from what I recall, a very nice interior.
Thanks Chris,
didn't realise Lee had sold it.
I first came across OPD 111E in Michael Newberry's Collection when I went to his Lancia Picnic Day about 1996/7, it, along with Robin Lacy's Lovely 2c CTA 762C that was at the meeting, were the reason for me deciding that I would look for a 2c that culminated in my purchasing "Fay" in 1997.
At the time OPD 111E was in pristine condition , later on it was purchased by Cesaere Ferrari from Ealing, Cesaere had a disaster sometime later when he blew a hole in a piston, I offered him one of my spare original pistons left over after I'd previously had to have "Fays" 1091cc engine rebored and fitted with oversize pistons, after a ring broke and scored a bore badly, which resulted in a complete engine rebuild.
However it turned out that OPD 111E already had oversized pistons, so my standard piston was of no use, I believe at that point it acquired the 1298cc engine.
After that I lost touch with Ceasare as I think he dropped out of the Lancia world.
Sometime later peter bought her off of Ebay? no longer the pristine lady she used to be, and also with a missing chrome horn ring, which is where my spare one that was donated resides.
Photo is about 1998 at Goodwood Track Day when owned by Cesaere.
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 11 August, 2011, 12:11:18 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #59 on: 15 August, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

hi Alan.the fuel filter was the blue thing in the glove box.looking forward to hearing about your new 2c.best regards richard

Gosh - I couldn't even have been sure there was a glove box if you asked me. Was there anything else in there? Hope you emptied the boot. I don't suppose you've driven it round the block or anything - I would have done in the depth of night.

Alan Murphy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd