Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Coupe 2.5 for sale  (Read 33065 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 29 June, 2011, 10:23:10 AM »

The last picture reminds me .... I'm still looking for an oil filler cap like that one - with the breather pipe. It's to try to keep the fumes down in the Augusta. Anyone got one for sale? Even a rusty one?
 Regards, John
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 29 June, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »

nice in grey Alan!do you have any other PF pics as i havent seen many and they seem to be in a minority on this forum and generally.one other red trimmed PF i saw was a USA order i think [had red carpets also ?]best regards richard

Click Here:

http://www.google.ie/search?q=lancia+flaminia+pininfarina+coupe&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=ABMLTvabKdKHhQez3aDGDw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1004&bih=611

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 29 June, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »

i am glad i asked.does anyone have a favourite.grey/silver is definately nice

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 29 June, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

If re-doing mine I would go for black or dark blue (if the underlying body finish could take it) to set off all the lovely chromework. I think the grey can look a bit battleship on its own though black over grey is very sympathetic to the design. Or silver, though it eclipses the chrome as much as enhancing it. Not white anyhow.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 04 July, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »

Just a gratuitous plug to say that the eBay auction for my Flaminia is ending tomorrow (Tuesday) and that it currently seems unlikely, on this the second time of asking on eBay, to make the reserve I have set of £3500, this being the (classic car magazine) indicated "book" value for a rough example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Flaminia-Pininfarina-Coupe-1961-/140569041095?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20ba9158c7

I also have the car advertised in Viva Lancia this month so that may produce a different stream of interest.

I am surprised that it has generated relatively little enquiries so far from on-line marketing but that may reflect the fact that it is located in Oireland ... I previously WON an eBay auction for an identical car in bits to contribute to the restoration of this one but then the seller back-pedalled even though my winning bid exceeded the €2000 reserve.

You would think that, if someone was prepared to bid me up to that much for a dismantled car they would be interested in a complete and running car. Maybe that someone doesn't actually exist .....

I don't expressly want to sell the car at all but I need a budget for a Fulvia project (2013 50th Anniversary) and  I am unlikely to get around to restoring the Flaminia for a long time yet. It is also somewhat "higher ground" in cost and parts availability terms than the more run-of-the-mill Fulvia/Flavia stuff I am used to.

Reasons for selling or not selling aside, I am pushing it now because I will be attending the AGM in a few weeks and that presents an opportunity to repatriate it to the UK at optimal cost/convenience to any prospective UK purchaser.

Its previous UK reg no was 310 HUS and I understand it was owned at one stage by a Club member.

Alan
« Last Edit: 04 July, 2011, 01:18:32 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 04 July, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

This confirms the squeeze on household discretionary spending - best strategy would be to lock it away for 7 years....

Tim

I would love it but the resto cost is not in my pocket right now....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 04 July, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »

hi Alan,never mind the recession!when i recieve my modest payout on august 28 i will be in a position to contact you if still appropriate.i do understand that it makes good sense for a late july delivery to a new uk owner though.also do you have a total cost inc.the bumper,transmission,seat etc+delivery and what do you have in mind as a fulvia project for the forthcoming 50th event as i can keep my eyes peeled locally.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »

Richard

I would be thinking £4000 for the car and all the bits and something like £4500 if I were to deliver it to you.

I have the transmission but the bumper/overriders and seat are in France and would have to be posted from there (included in the above prices and subject only to cooperation of the vendor which I do not doubt).

I have plenty of project Fulvias and parts here (3x 1300 Coupe and 1x 1600 Zagato) and I just need a budget to start on one. But if I were delivering a car to you I would like to pick something up on the way back so do keep an eye out for something in Fulvia/Flavia line. I have no Zagato spares whatsoever.

Alan

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 05 July, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »

hi Alan,the 4000 asking price does indeed tie up with the 'classic cars' price guide with 8000 quoted for a 'good' one.please could you tell me if the 500 delivery is to the AGM or to the buyers address.on the local fulvia / flavia front the only one i know of at present is the white s2 sedan+many spares in kent as seen in the VL ads a while back.having seen it i think it is ok for the money apart from its colour-others may disagree of course.also i am going to look at a neighbours surplus fulvia stuff this week-sport ally bonnet/wheelbolts/indicator lenses front and side/exhaust/s1 thick burgundy parts book/s2 wheels/brake hoses/front script/int.door pull/handbrake or clutch cable?[he is not sure]s2 wheel centres.best regards richard

LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:27:32 AM »

Richard

£500 is my estimate of the cost of ferry (probably later in the off season), trailer hire and petrol for me to deliver the car to a location that is within about 250 miles of Holyhead or Pembroke.

By delivery at the AGM I meant the same thing i.e. dropping the car to a not too distant new owner's location en route rather than dumping it at the hotel.

In either case I would hope to maximise the value of the trip to myself by picking up another car on the way home

The AGM obviously suits better as I am travelling there anyhow and wouldn't have to make a separate trip so the delivery would cover some of  my AGM travel costs too and I could probably do it for a bit less - say £300.

If you think you want the car we should continue this conversation in  e-mail or pm as we may be able to work something out around the timing of my AGM delivery and your money coming through in August.

Alan (e-mail LANCIALAN@GMAIL.COM)

« Last Edit: 06 July, 2011, 03:31:04 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 06 July, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »

have sent PM. richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 08 July, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »

hi all,hopefully have a flaminia on the way,so although there are not many flaminia posts generally how many people here are experienced with these  cars i wonder as i will need some advice along the way i expect!to begin with i may need some s/h wheel trims[hoops]probably some reasonable s/h tyres to suit and perhaps some clutch parts[or should i get the existing one refurbished?]i assume my spare fulvia wheel bearings can be used if reqd?also do i need to have special tools made as i have done with my fulvias and are steering joints interchangable with other cars?best regards richard.advice welcome as usual!

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 09 July, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

Congratulations!!

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 09 July, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »

thankyou David,if things go to plan working on a flaminia should provide something for the 'Flaminia' section of the forum.i need to get in touch with existing flaminia owners i suppose.there is one here in kent whose name escapes me at the moment.best regards richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 21 July, 2011, 04:27:36 PM »

Ref Aurelia 'alloy wheels', I have got asn unused set of the Heinbrand 15" wheels which are a copy of the Technomagnesio wheels. Heinbrand marketed them although they were made by Compomotive in the UK.
hi Chris,what are these wheels like and do they only fit an aurelia?see you at silverstone if you are racing.best regards richard

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd