Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:04:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 leaking coolant inside!  (Read 2570 times)
ah_sprite
Lapsed

« on: 31 May, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

Hi all
Just thought I'd ask your opinions on this one before I get stuck in.
My car ran for the first time in a long time yesterday. I've replaced the two connections that go into the heater box inside the car. However, my footwells are filling with coolant and I can't see where it's coming from. It's definitely not coming from the two hoses, but appears to be coming out of the bottom of the plastic heater box, then dripping into the centre console.

Any ideas, chaps?
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »

Heater matrix by the sounds of it. Not the easiest job to get out unfortunately.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »

Hi all
Just thought I'd ask your opinions on this one before I get stuck in.
My car ran for the first time in a long time yesterday. I've replaced the two connections that go into the heater box inside the car. However, my footwells are filling with coolant and I can't see where it's coming from. It's definitely not coming from the two hoses, but appears to be coming out of the bottom of the plastic heater box, then dripping into the centre console.

Any ideas, chaps?

Rough guess it's from the heater radiator itself, so I'd join the two hoses together under the bonnet leaving the heater out of the circuit and look to removing the heater, chances are you'll have to get it rebuilt, particularily if it's been standing a long while, not the easiest job in the world, if you put HEATER in the search box at top right, you will find a few related answers from previous queries.
You could always try something like a Bars leak pellet or two, but at best this is only a temporary soluition.
Brian
8227 Cool  
« Last Edit: 31 May, 2011, 09:22:02 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ah_sprite
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »

Yep, until yesterday the car hadn't run properly for 15 or so years. We're getting very close to MOT time, so I'll just cut it out of the circuit for now, then.
The car now starts, runs, drives and stops, so we haven't got too far to go now!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd