Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:46:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Prix De Pau Historique 14-15 May  (Read 2222 times)
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« on: 30 April, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

Is anybody else going to Pau or has been before? Any idea whether parking is readily available in the town centre ? I intend to take my Fulvia and enjoy the journey of 400 kms, keeping off the Autoroutes .Hope to stay in the area for a couple of extra days. First long journey in the car since Mille Miglia last year.
Regards
Tim
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »

Was in Pau for Le Tour de France last year, and enjoyed the place. It's not that large a place with plenty of places to stay including a decent municipal camping site just over the river from the town centre.
Quite fancy going for one of the motorsport events that are held there but not this year. Sad
Tony Stephens

« Reply #2 on: 13 May, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

I have raced at Pau several times in the ERA I used to be fortunate to drive.

It is a wonderful event, surpassing even the Monaco Historique unless you go for the glitz and glamour (of which Pau anyway has enough for most people)

From a racer's point of view the circuit is very demanding and levels out the inequalities between a pre- and a post-war single-seater, demanding more from the driver than almost anywhere else I raced at. A particluar feature on wet days is the adhesion, or lack of it, when crossing white traffic lines!
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »

The French seem to hold a monopoly when it comes to classic circuits. Im thinking of Angouleme, Montlhery, Pau and Rheims. All provide the perfect background and relaxed attitude important for historic motorsport without, may I add the mildly childish and overpriced approach adopted by Goodwood. Why anyone should want to impersonate a second world war service officer whilst watching first class motor sport is beyond me.   

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd