Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:31:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Car Day at Duxford - 7th August  (Read 4208 times)
2Lancialan

« on: 04 August, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »

Is anyone from the LMC planning to attend this event on Sunday 7th August?

There is reduced admission fee for anyone wanting to visit this world famous aircraft museum of £9.50 pp on the day, so long as you turn up with a pre-1980 car before 12:00. This is £7 cheaper than the normal admission price.

Deborah and I are planning to be there with the Zagato, so if anyone's around, do come along and visit us at the show. Normal non-corporate hospitality applies, as usual!

Regards to all,

Alan
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »

Is anyone from the LMC planning to attend this event on Sunday 7th August?

There is reduced admission fee for anyone wanting to visit this world famous aircraft museum of £9.50 pp on the day, so long as you turn up with a pre-1980 car before 12:00. This is £7 cheaper than the normal admission price.

Deborah and I are planning to be there with the Zagato, so if anyone's around, do come along and visit us at the show. Normal non-corporate hospitality applies, as usual!

Regards to all,

Alan

If my daughter will have my dogs there's a good chance I shall make it as I'm a member of friends of Duxford anyway.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
2Lancialan

« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »

Good to hear that Brian - we'll look forward to seeing you. We'll be parking in the "Individuals" area, as there's no club stand for the LMC (hint, hint - are you listening Executive Committee?).

Will be good to see a few other Lancias turning up and maybe we can assemble a de-facto club stand. I might even bring along a few sample magazines/brochures to help promote the club.

All the best,

Alan
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 August, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »

Alan,
Very nice to have met up with Deborah & yourself at Duxford yesterday, pity there was only the two of us flying the flag.
I think we'll have to start early and see if we can get more Lancisti interested next year, as I think it was a good event at a great venue, with lots for everyone to see and do, with children well catered for, so for those who have children, this is one for you.
I was given a years membership to 'Friends of Duxford' as a Fathers day present, so it was even better as I didn't have to pay to get in Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 08 August, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »

We'll be parking in the "Individuals" area, as there's no club stand for the LMC (hint, hint - are you listening Executive Committee?).

Alan,

It's a pity you only posted about this so near to the event, I'd like to have gone.

As the Committee are all volunteers with jobs/other lives, they can't be expected to do everything but will support any member who wants to organise a stand at a local event and can provide flags, banners, bunting, gazebo etc.
The forum is obviously a good place to get members interested but you can also get an event listed in VL mag and on the website.
Hopefully you'll take it on for next year.

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
2Lancialan

« Reply #5 on: 08 August, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »

Brian - thanks very much for your note. It was very nice to see you too at Duxford yesterday and that lovely Fulvia Saloon. I agree with everything you've said about the event and it'll be on my events list for next year too.

Martin - sorry but I only got to hear about this event very late in the day myself, so there was very little time to get the day planned in advance or to advertise it in the club magazine, so I did what I thought was the best thing by advertising it on the website. Without wishing to ask what might seem like a daft question, but shouldn't we have someone in the club/executive committee looking out for these kind of events on a national basis, so that we can promote our club a little better than perhaps we do at the moment. P.S. Sorry if that's heresy or politially incorrect, but then I guess I am a bit.

BTW I think Duxford could probably do a bit more to advertise the event too, as I only heard about it by word of mouth, before stumbling upon it on their website.

All the best,

Alan
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 09 August, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »

shouldn't we have someone in the club/executive committee looking out for these kind of events on a national basis,

Hello Alan,

Yes, Simon Davis compiles the list of events which appears in VL. Of course it still needs someone to come forward and commit to organising the club presence at an event.
Hopefully with enough lead-in time next year could be a good showing.

regards,

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd