Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La Lancia by Win Oude Weernink which edition to buy?  (Read 5870 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 27 December, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »

Hi All

I thought I would get your views on which edition of La Lancia you would suggest I buy (1,2 or 3)?

The pricing on these appears to vary wildly from around £35 for 1st (sensible price) to £100's for 3rd one (too much for just general reading!)

Reason for purchase is general interest in history of brand etc, no need for specific information. Logically 3rd edition is one to go for, but appears to be large premium over original sale price to be paid for one!

Your comments would be appreciated, and if you have a spare 3rd edition one going at a less eye watering price I could be interested.....

Thanks

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »

Ideally all 3! as they all have their strengths, I'm after the 1st one although I have seen it and have the 2nd and 3rd editions, unless you really want the up to date models included, for me the best one is the 2nd edition, which covers up as far as Dedra, and was first printed in 1991.
although it's mostly black and white the quality of the paper and the photos are superb, whereas the 3rd edition has a lot more colour, it can't match the 2nd edition for quality.
If you want a 3rd edition a copy can be had new from Holland for about £110 including postage,
This is compared to the £65 when first printed in 2006.

If you just want a good general knowledge book on Lancia's up to Beta including a lot of road tests, then for a lot more reasonable cost, have a look at the Hamlyns "Lancia" Book with all information from 1908 compiled from the archives of Autocar.
"It includesDescriptions and Technical articles, full road tests and driving impressions and coverage of Lancia's wide-ranging activities in racing and rallying" This was my second Lancia book and I found it a great help in understanding the Marque and the Ethos.

Brian
8227 Cool
ISBN 0 600 34934 9 first published in 1981.

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »

Just a thought ... it'd make a good separate topic (and a good thing for the library) if we were to compile a list of books and ISBNs .... (wondering how many 'Lancia' only books there are out there ?)

Fields:

ISBN, Book Title, Author, Publisher, Edition, RRP(?) Published Date, In Print?

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
GreenB20

« Reply #3 on: 30 December, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »

Well...........I have over 70 Lancia books on my shelves, so someone is welcome to come and gather all the info if they want. (I don't think I am missing many English language books)

Aurelia B20 GT 4th Series (1954)
Fulvia 1.3S Rallye Coupe (1970)
Ferguson TEF20 (1956)
Ferrari 550 Maranello (1998)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 30 December, 2010, 11:36:06 AM »

Smiley ... well at least that's a ball park figure !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 30 December, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »

Well...........I have over 70 Lancia books on my shelves, so someone is welcome to come and gather all the info if they want. (I don't think I am missing many English language books)

I've probably got about 40 but no doubt some will be the same.
I'll see what I can do about a list, bearing in mind that some are in English, some in Italian, some in both, and some in other languages.
not sure who could list what is currently avaiilable though Huh?

Brian

8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 26 February, 2011, 08:11:11 AM »

Hi All

I thought I would get your views on which edition of La Lancia you would suggest I buy (1,2 or 3)?

The pricing on these appears to vary wildly from around £35 for 1st (sensible price) to £100's for 3rd one (too much for just general reading!)

Reason for purchase is general interest in history of brand etc, no need for specific information. Logically 3rd edition is one to go for, but appears to be large premium over original sale price to be paid for one!

Your comments would be appreciated, and if you have a spare 3rd edition one going at a less eye watering price I could be interested.....

Thanks

Peter

hi Peter if you stillneed 3rd edition try autonet books holland-price 76sterling.worth every penny and more.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 26 February, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »

Hi Richard

Thanks, I will have a look. Yes still have not bought one.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd