Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction in Scotland  (Read 2630 times)
lanky
Lapsed

« on: 25 February, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »

The Strathmore Vehicle Vintage Club are having an auction at their premises at Glamis, Angus, Scotland on the 2nd April. The sale is as a result of the death of one of their members, there are a large number of cars, some stored outside some stored inside including some Lancias from the 1960's and 1970's.  No idea what models but there is a Beta Coupe.  There are also some 500-600 lots of Automobilia and spare parts.  For further info contact the clubs chairman Allan Burt phone 01828670328 or email svvc.forfar@gmail.com starting subject line with auction.  Hope this may be of interest to someone seeking cars or parts.
Colin

« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

Was planning to go to auction in Glamis tomorrow and even paid my fiver for a catalogue. Catalogue worrying in suggesting what 3 lancias might go for-from memory estimate £700-1400 for a scrap beta coupe that has been sitting in a field for many? years!

Other cars were S3 Fulvia and LHD Thema saloon.  My goood friend Tom Gray(brave man who has restored 3 Betas for me went to have a look today and he reports that the Thema is missing a windscreen and full of water.  The Fulvia is descibed as part restored but has pop riveted new panels/trashed interior and both cars appear to have beeen exposed to the elements for years.

There are a few nice/rare  cars which Tom thinks will go for good money but based on his report I am not planning to make the trip-I already own two Beta coupes which sound as if they are in better nick!

Just thought i would post a word of warning if anyone planned a long trip for Lancias in particular!
Colin.

Lindsay
« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2011, 06:12:45 PM »

Hi Colin. Like you I was interested and got a catalogue. I was fancying the Thema as I thought I had stumbled across an 8.32, given the side shot of the wheels. Catalogue is as good as useless. They did send me some photos of the Thema but it is definitely not an 8.32 - although why someone would go to the effort to stick on the 5 bolt hubs for the wheels is beyond me. Anyway, defintely a left hooker - of either 4 or 6 cylinder variety - and in really really poor condition. Estimate for this is £500 to £1500. As someone who knows Themas given my involvement over the years, my estimate?  £100 on a good day. Disappointing and I can believe the others are sheds too.

I do wonder what they will do with them if they dont sell them.
Colin

« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »

Lindsay-see my other post re the auction.

colin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd