Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:29:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Augusta wheels  (Read 3641 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 24 February, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

Augusta wheels are nothing but trouble! James (Chugga) Parry and I are about to do a swap. I'm having a set of bolt - on wheels from him and he's having my knock - on wheels, spinners and drums. This morning I noticed one of the wheels on the car was in a sorry state. The rim has split - see photo. Trouble with those rims is that water can get in and rust its way out!
 Regards, John

* augustarim1.gif (158.03 KB, 600x401 - viewed 533 times.)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »

Definitely a job for Chugga ....

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

This all scary stuff, I thought I had enough problems with my B20 wheels and now this rears its ugly head !!!!

Definitely time to get the wheels out, cleaned off and my strongest pair of 'off-the-shelf' reading glasses out, Oh, and also the Victorian toffee hammer, for delicate chipping)

Fingers crossed for all Augusta owners.

Andy
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

My post from October last year under Aurelia (the Spanish Aurelia project) is relevant:

There is a story about Aurelia wheels that might be worth remembering. The late Harry Manning was once driving a B20 through the city of Guildford when the rolled rim of a front wheel flew off and shed the tyre. Apparently the car mounted the pavement and ended up in a shop doorway. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Harry’s explanation was that the hollow inside of the rolled rim had corroded badly, although there was no sign of deterioration on the outside, and it just gave way. This was probably 40 years ago – what has happened to rolled rims since then I wonder?

It is odd that early Aprilias had rolled rims and the later ones didn’t. Yet Lancia went back to rolled rims for the early Aurelias and then moved on again. I was glad my 6th Series B20 had conventional rims.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd