Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:40:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia's at a Chyrsler dealership near you soon(ish)  (Read 49810 times)
toby2449
« Reply #45 on: 21 August, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

I can't wait to see one in ireland. As soon as i get word of word in a dealership i'm there!! I might be one of the few people think the new grille actually suits Delta better than the original one....I'll leave now..... Grin
thecolonel
« Reply #46 on: 21 August, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »

Don't forget yer coat......
;-})
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #47 on: 22 August, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

I can't wait to see one in ireland. As soon as i get word of word in a dealership i'm there!! I might be one of the few people think the new grille actually suits Delta better than the original one....I'll leave now..... Grin

I went to the Chrysler dealership in Carlisle today to see the Delta there.  I have to say that having seen the car with the new grille, it really does no favours to the car whatsoever.  I would even go as far as saying that if it had the new grille at its initial launch, I wouldn't have bought one.  I also think that the badge on the rear hatch looks too big and out of place. 

I spoke to the salesman about the car, trying to find out prices, but he said he didn't know.  He even said that he was less than enthusiastic about the car.  He then went on to tell me that the car had only been launched in Italy a couple of months ago.  He was rather perplexed when I told him that the Delta had actually been on sale in Italy for nearly three years and that I have had one for two years with the proper badge on it!

While at the dealership, I picked up a brochure which I later showed my mother.  She said exactly the same about the grille and rear badge looking wrong on the car.

Having spoken to the salesman I have been left with the feeling that I hope the car fails to sell as a Chrysler and that Fiat realise the mistake that they have made by taking Chrysler on.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #48 on: 22 August, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »

Strangely as I was walking through a carpark with my Dad on Sunday he said "Oh! a Chrysler, you don't often see many of those" - meaning a 300c that we were passing. I passed no comment.

Just taking the time to look at our local dealer you can get a delta for £249/month (leasing I guess)  ... I wouldn't know how that compares with anything else though! Smiley 5 years free servicing though ...

http://www.sytner.co.uk/kings-chrysler/bristol/new-cars/new-car-offers/q3%20delta%20offer.aspx

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #49 on: 22 August, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »

Forgot to say that I was told that the official launch is in about two weeks time.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #50 on: 22 August, 2011, 10:37:56 PM »

Strangely as I was walking through a carpark with my Dad on Sunday he said "Oh! a Chrysler, you don't often see many of those" - meaning a 300c that we were passing. I passed no comment.

Just taking the time to look at our local dealer you can get a delta for £249/month (leasing I guess)  ... I wouldn't know how that compares with anything else though! Smiley 5 years free servicing though ...

http://www.sytner.co.uk/kings-chrysler/bristol/new-cars/new-car-offers/q3%20delta%20offer.aspx

That's pretty competitive for an £18k car, at launch.  I'd imagine the fleet deals will be quite good.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
lee69
« Reply #51 on: 23 August, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

I find it pretty incredible that Fiat UK aren't getting their act together, both with the general "launch" of the smaller cars and the control of and communication to the dealers.

It sounds like someone wasn't paying attention during the launch briefing at Stuart's local dealership and if that's indicative of the attitude of the dealers towards the new cars what hope have they got. Looking at the various websites of my nearest Chrysler-Jeep franchises, that's Shrewsbury (x2 bizarrely), Wolverhampton and Stoke on Trent, none are up to date. All still carry the defunct Dodge branding, carry images of the old 300C which is no longer produced and make absolutely no mention of the soon to be available Delta or Ypsilon. If even ailing Saab http://www.saab.co.uk/gb/en/start#/home/ (with a similarly limited range) can sort out a half decent web presence why can't Fiat. Try a search for your local dealer on the main Saab site and see how consistent it all is.

If this is evidence of Fiat's effort and attention to detail, with only 2 weeks to go to the official launch, I really don't see anything other than an almighty disaster looming. I fear a missed opportunity.

Rant over!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #52 on: 23 August, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »

You are right Lee.  I struggle to understand a car dealer who cannot muster enough enthusiasm to grasp basic product knowledge.  Are there not enough people out here who are enthusiastic enough about cars, who can communicate that enthusiasm to customers, to fill the car sales positions of Britain?  Or am I just naive?  Had they launched as Lancia, we'd have done their marketing for them, frankly - we'd have had classic Lancias in every dealership for launch, and any support with events they could have mustered.  As you say, a missed opportunity.  I hope they get it together, but then Chrysler has hardly been the franchise to attract real enthusiasts, has it?

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #53 on: 23 August, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »

Is there a Chrysler Motor Club or something like in the UK ? I wonder what they think ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #54 on: 23 August, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

Stuart, I have to agree with you on the badge, It's to big and looks out of place, espically on the rear hatch. I suppose as you are a delta owner you feel like vomiting at the sight of the Chrysler badge ! I have to say though I am really impressed with the car, the build quality is great, It's still made on the same production line so the car is still the same. I think I would have one in a heart beat, although without the Chrysler badge. The two cars I went to see in Dublin last week were well speced up, with sat nav and leather ect, But the chrysler badge fixed to one of the cars off center and slightly lob sided ruined it. The grill doesen't look out of place though. Wink Thanks david.
« Last Edit: 23 August, 2011, 09:56:31 PM by HF_Dave » Logged

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #55 on: 23 August, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »

You could always debadge one then no one would know what it is Cool

Brian

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
j886atv

« Reply #56 on: 24 August, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »

Attention to detail is all - and one look at the Chrysler site says it all...........

Thought I might search for the nearest dealer to Guildford - not much hope, it comes up with Horsham, Isleworth or Beaconsfield using my postcode.  Go back in to see other potential other dealers just in case they might be near my travels - using the pull down list available.

There are duplications, one apparently in a town called 'blah', one in 'teest' and 2 in 'test' - on a live website for heavens sake.

I weep...........
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #57 on: 24 August, 2011, 09:54:14 AM »

Is there a Chrysler Motor Club or something like in the UK ?

Yes, we all seem to be members from the look of this forum!

Sorry guys, the title of this thread should be 'Chryslers at a Chrysler dealership near you soon' cos that's what they are and that's what will be on the V5.

Got to go now to pick up Libby's new Lancia Civic in my Lancia Golf.

Martin.

ps on the question of lack of attention to detail, has anyone else noticed the spelling of Chyrsler in this title?

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Alan Temple

« Reply #58 on: 24 August, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »

Surely it must be possible to order a RHD Lancia Delta via Fiat UK?

Typo a go go on the thread title!
Alan Temple

« Reply #59 on: 24 August, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »

I see there's a used Chrysler Delta for sale on Autotrader. Kings Manchester have their demo car up for sale already! When was the UK launch then?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd