Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 06:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted 1 Dedra/Thema Turbo wheel (15 inch)  (Read 3625 times)
Duncan23

« on: 16 January, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »

I'm looking for one Dedra Turbo wheel - I'm not bothered about condition. My Dedra came with some aftermarket wheels and 3 of the originals - I want to put the originals back on (once reburbished, obviously).
Any help on finding one would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Duncan
« Last Edit: 25 January, 2011, 07:44:56 PM by Duncan23 » Logged
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2011, 11:39:59 PM »

I'm looking for one Dedra Turbo wheel - I'm not bothered about condition. My Dedra came with some aftermarket wheels and 3 of the originals - I want to put the originals back on (once reburbished, obviously).
Any help on finding one would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Duncan

Duncan,
15" Thema is the same.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Duncan23

« Reply #2 on: 17 January, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »

This page implies that they are different widths and slightly different offsets?
http://www.lancia.org.uk/wheels_lanciawheels.htm
Would that make a difference if they were on the same axle?
Cheers
Duncan
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 17 January, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »

This page implies that they are different widths and slightly different offsets?
http://www.lancia.org.uk/wheels_lanciawheels.htm
Would that make a difference if they were on the same axle?
Cheers
Duncan

duncan,
I bought a new set of 15" OEM alloys from Fiat/Lancia when they where selling them at £50 each instead of nearly £200 each, these were to fit my 2.0ie Dedra in place of the 14" as I wanted to fit 195x50x15" tyres, (as it happens that was a mistake as it spoiled the ride), but before buying I took one of the 15" alloys of off my series 3 Thema that I owned at the time, and tried it on the Dedra, this fitted with no apparent problem, so I bought and fitted the 15".
I also asked the selling Dealer at the time and was told it wasn't a problem.
When I came to sell the Dedra not too long after, I advertised it as having nearly new alloys, or alternatively a set of not so good Thema alloys with an adjustment to the price, someone rang me up and said he wanted to buy the Dedra but wanted the reduction, so before he picked it up I put the new alloys on my Thema, and and the old Thema wheels on the Dedra, and he went away happy, as far as I'm aware he never had a problem with these on the Dedra, neither had I, so if there is a difference it certainly wasn't noticable nor did it cause a problem, so you pays your money and makes the choice.

I've just dug through my brochures and press releases regarding Dedra Turbo and integrale introduction, this states, I quote " Wheels and Tyres.
Both versions are equipped with 6J x 15" Light Alloy Rims as standard, and extra low profile 195:50 R15V tyres".
This is also confirmed in the specification section of the Brochure in English, and  in the Italian language version, so I don't quite know where Zagato get their information, personally I would have thought that the 15" x 7.5J ET 40 they are quoting would be too wide for under the Dedra Wheelarch.
I note they say for the Dedra HF Turbo, only the 1993 Model Turbo's were designated as HF, and only a handful of these came to the UK, checking through other sources I have, I can find no reference to the
Dedra HF 15" x 7.5J ET 40 Wheel being fitted to any model of Dedra right through until 1998 and the end of Dedra Production.
Brian
8227 Cool.
« Last Edit: 18 January, 2011, 12:25:50 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Duncan23

« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »

Hi Brian
Thank you for doing the research, and with such thoroughness!  Smiley
I may even have found myself a Thema Turbo wheel (depends if it's in the spare wheel well of a car at a local dealers) - I'm glad to be assured it will fit!  Smiley
Cheers
Duncan
Duncan23

« Reply #5 on: 19 January, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »

FWIW Zagato said they might be able to get Dedra Turbo wheels at 90 quid each. Seeing as the other 3 will have to be refurbed I don't really want to get a new one and then refurb that.  So I'm still on the lookout for a secondhand wheel...
Cheers
Duncan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd