Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
24 April, 2024, 02:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpine misfire/slow running  (Read 2615 times)
murf
Lapsed

« on: 21 February, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »

Hi everyone, I dont know if this is something I can fix on the move but my journey down to the alps was marred only by a very occasional misfire (just for a second) and now that I am here by the fact that the SW wont idle. The misfire occured approx  six time in 1250kms and certainly has me puzzled while the inability to idle I only noiced once we got to our ski village. Could it be an altitude issue. The car was serviced just before my dparture and treated to a new set of plugs so I'm rather mystified. Any suggestions would be welcome. Kind regards, Murf
ps There is'nt much snow so far so I hav'nt had to juggle winter tyres for chains but its early days !!!
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:52:39 PM »

Try the Tdc sensor in the front pully. there might be some dirt lodged there, or the plugs, a few years ago I was washing the car with my young son and he decided to wash the cam cover on the engine letting water down on to the plugs. The car developed a random misfire and I coulden't figure out why, I checked everything and then checked the plug holes and they were full of water  Huh?. On my brothers dedra it developed a miss fire and we traced it to the tdc sender wire that was rubbing off the power steerimg belt as it wasen't fixed to the engine, eventually it cut right through the wire, We had some fun finding it Huh? Smiley
« Last Edit: 21 February, 2011, 08:56:28 PM by HF_Dave » Logged

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156
2009 Fiat Du
murf
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

Hi David, I will certainly check the tdc sensor and associated wiring to see if its fouling the belt. It rained all the way down but I've never had a problem in the uk with heavy rain getting into the engine bay. I have a spare set of plugs with me so it wont hurt to put them in to see if they make any difference. Thank you for the suggestions. Kind regards, Murf.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd