Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 05:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromers to Avoid  (Read 2018 times)
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« on: 17 January, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »

Back in early March 2010 I sent 2 headlamp bezels, a rear number plate surround and a boot lock surround from my Flavia to CCP "Collector Car Parts" in London for re-chroming. I believe that CCP sub contract the chroming work out to another company, the name of which has never been revealed to me.

I waited until July to get the parts back and when they were returned one item had a dent in it and two of the other pieces were so badly finished that the chrome appeared to be blistering as well as having an uneven finish to the colour.

I sent the parts back in disgust and then had to wait until last week to finally get the answer that the parts were fine in the opinion of the Chromer and if I wanted better it would cost a lot more. When I asked how much they replied "how long is a piece of string".

They charged £273 for chroming these 4 pieces. A price that I think is pretty steep from more recent experiences of another chromer in Hull who has done far superior work for far less.

Bottomline, don't go to Collector Car Parts for chromework.  Angry

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 January, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »

Premier Plating in High Wycombe is good for chrome and other plating. Not cheap, but good quality.
Regards, John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd