Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:02:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surrey  (Read 26740 times)
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« on: 28 February, 2006, 05:33:15 PM »

Do you own a Lancia, are you thinking of buying one or are you just interested in the marque?  Well come and join Neil, Will, Doug, Duncan and the rest of the Lancisti at a cosy Surrey pub.  Everyone is welcome.

Meeting every 3rd Thursday of the month for an evening drink or two at The Abinger Hatch.

To all established flock: post any comments you wish here regarding recent discussions we've had round the table  Cheesy

Marky (on behalf of Neil Sims, Surrey Organiser)
« Last Edit: 15 May, 2013, 08:50:02 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
VAR1016
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »

Mark,

Let me be the first to respond - even though I am not there!

I hope to see a few contributors - and perhaps I can manage to enjoy a pint of virtual TEA...

Paul
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »

Welcome back Paul

mmmm TEA would be a good brew I agree.

Anyway, in answer to your question regarding my car (other thread), it's a little way off road-ready.  The engine is sitting on the garage floor waiting for the refurbished flyweel and a new engine seal.  The brakes are almost done and I have just taken delivery of new braded hoses.  I still need to sort out the front spring, but after that's done it's just a simple case of bolting it all back... right?

I am sure some other bits will need doing for an MOT pass, but I have time to sort that out too.

I am being expertly advised by Mr Payne, so I'm sure all will be well.

Will you be going to Turin?  if so I'm sure you're injected Fulvia will whizz past me on the Alps.  I'll be the one in the blue 1.3 Rallye slowly cruising through the mountains listening to Matt Monro's "On Days like These" on the iPod!

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2006, 07:35:30 AM »

Thank you John for popping my 'Grale cherry.  It was an experience shooting through the damp, leaf-strewn, twisty, narrow Surrey back roads at speeds that felt like mach II!

If I appeared to be fidgetting in the pub afterwards it was not because of the dog pestering me round my feet, but more to do with the fact I had soiled my underwear earlier!!!!

Great fun, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a heart condition!

Marky

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 19 July, 2006, 10:46:17 AM »

Can anyone with a knowledge of Carbs (solex) and Fulvia that is planning on coming to the Surrey Meet brush up on the subject for an intense quizzing from myself.  I have some probs/ questions regarding my PHH5 carbs and I need sage advice from wise ones.

Thanks

Marky

Lima

chris
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

See later message
« Last Edit: 05 April, 2007, 11:47:15 PM by chris » Logged
timuth
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

Are you going to cater for Ex-LMC members??

Tim
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 29 January, 2007, 02:13:32 AM »

Yes Tim - It makes no difference to me, and who knows, you might just rejoin one day? Over the years our little gang have been approached by many a curious car nut and once the ice has been broken, usually involving a joke about corrosion, (you have to give it your best smile at this point - usually through gritted teeth) they have often sat down for a natter - can't say for certain, but I think I might have even had a hand in the odd "conversion"! Chris     P.S. Can't resist jotting down this little (Fulvia S2 related(+ late Flavia for that matter)) teaser :- Does anyone know in which way the current M.O.T. testing equipment favours this particular car?..... (Be a good test of this forum to see if anyone even picks this up!)
timuth
« Reply #8 on: 29 January, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »

Hello Chris

Thanks for that, when is the next meet?

Cheers Tim
VAR1016
« Reply #9 on: 29 January, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »

Quote from: "chris"
Yes Tim - It makes no difference to me, and who knows, you might just rejoin one day? Over the years our little gang have been approached by many a curious car nut and once the ice has been broken, usually involving a joke about corrosion, (you have to give it your best smile at this point - usually through gritted teeth) they have often sat down for a natter - can't say for certain, but I think I might have even had a hand in the odd "conversion"! Chris     P.S. Can't resist jotting down this little (Fulvia S2 related(+ late Flavia for that matter)) teaser :- Does anyone know in which way the current M.O.T. testing equipment favours this particular car?..... (Be a good test of this forum to see if anyone even picks this up!)

Hello Chris,

wish I could be there:  I don't know about current MoT equipment in England, but the old story used to be the ball joints

Rgds

Paul
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #10 on: 30 January, 2007, 02:42:17 AM »

Yes Paul, I wish you were there too.  No it's not the balljoints - I will let it run for a bit longer before revelation, How's your blog going? I haven't had a look for a while now. All the Best Chris
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 30 January, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »

Re the mot teaser its got to be the brakes??  :?:

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #12 on: 30 January, 2007, 11:36:38 PM »

The S2 handbrake mechanism if lubricated and in good condition, (I think)is more than up to the job - contrary to popular belief. However, if corrosion does happen to get into some of the mechanism pivots, and/or play starts to develop affecting shoe location (usually due to misuse!), then it can develop a habit of "ratcheting" (I will call it) - i.e. when the lever is applied, the handbrake mechanism will prevent the roadwheel from turning in one direction with the tenacity of a pitbull terrier, but will allow the wheel to turn (albeit under some duress!) in the opposite direction. Now, when you think of applying said handbrake on a gradient, say in closely-following traffic, you would need it to stop you rolling backwards, where as you could "get by" if it failed to stop you rolling forwards in most cases. Unfortunately the S2 mechanism symptoms (if they occur at all) will produce exactly the opposite (undesirable) result, but the MOT (rolling road simulated) brake test only tests the handbrake in the FORWARD-rolling direction!  Chris
timuth
« Reply #13 on: 12 February, 2007, 08:32:27 PM »

Chris

Will not be able to make the meet due to work! Hopefully wil be able to attend the next one.

Tim
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #14 on: 13 February, 2007, 12:15:04 AM »

Ok Tim See you at the March one then maybe. Look forward to seeing your Integrale - I had an 8v for a short while Chris
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd