Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:51:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice 1982 Beta 2000 Coupe on Pistonheads  (Read 2988 times)
Sebastien
Megaposter

« on: 24 December, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »

Looks beautiful to me:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2039093.htm
I had one way back in 1988 - 1990, it was a most enjoyable car. You could drive up and down the swiss mountains and chuck it from one corner to the other in complete safety. Also that nice intake sucking noise, and burbling on the overrun, that was then lost with the fuel injected cars.
This one looks a timewarp, and if also nice in the flesh, worth the asking money.
But check the rear suspension pillars first!
Sebastien
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 24 December, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »

Hi

Is this the one that has been discussed on various forums recently and had a less than enthusiastic reception over the quality of the re-painting?

There has also been much dicussion re the pricing, which for a coupe is very strong indeed at this time, given that most coupe's go for well less than £5k.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 December, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »

Yes, this car has been discussed at length on the Betaboyz forum. One member went to see it and was fairly appalled at the 'blow over' re-spray. The car has been for sale since August I think. To be fair the dealer is sticking to his guns re the price, the general consensus was that it was worth about £5K.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 24 December, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »

OK. However, if under the respray the body is good, it is still interesting. And I like the 2000 coupe with carburettor. Enginebay is presenting well, interior looks spotless. It would cost a lot of money to bring a 50% car to that level. Wonder how the engine and drivetrain is.

What this shows once more, when surfing the web, nothing more important than seeing a car in the flesh, and driving it!
Everything else is just idle talk....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd