Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignition barrel  (Read 3806 times)
rodney3010
Lapsed

« on: 22 August, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »

I'm trying to replace the ignition barrel on a HF2000. I've taken out the two small screws and the only thing now preventing it being pulled free is a tiny little switch which needs to be depressed. Has anybody got any tips on how to press it down far enough? It seems to be fixed in place with very little give.
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: 22 August, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »

the only way to depress the pin is with the key in, I think in Gar position

Geoff
rodney3010
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 23 August, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

Ahhhh. No good I'm afraid. I don't have the key, hence the need to switch barrels. I did manage it on a spare steering lock I had but I can't remember it being this tricky. Maybe I was just lucky and the lock was in the correct position.
As always, thanks for your input.
rodney3010
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 14 November, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »

I really need to solve this problem now as my wife has had enough of the car sitting on the front driveway. Unfortunately with no keys it will only go in a straight line. I now have, one ignition barrel in the car without keys. I can't extract because I can't get the small plunger depressed on the top of it.
I also have one spare barrel not in a steering column, with keys but same issue, I can't get the small plunger depressed.
Any ideas? help much appreciated
Rodders
thecolonel
« Reply #4 on: 14 November, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »

insert key in spare barrel and turn it to "gar" pin should then go in.
the other one will have to be drilled out, or call a locksmith to get
the lock out.
rodney3010
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 15 November, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »

I've tried the key in all sorts of positions and no joy. I might take the spare barrel back to the locksmith who made the key for me and then as you suggest attack the one in-situ with a drill.

Rodders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd