Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:35:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia coming back to the UK as Chrysler  (Read 16478 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 16 September, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »

Just had Auto Express on the phone to me.  They were seeking quotes for a piece reporting that Lancia were coming back to the UK next year with the cars badged as Chryslers.  So I imagine they've had some confirmation that this is going to happen.

So:

Would you consider buying one?

Would you buy one and change the badges over?

Should we welcome owners of the new Chrysler badged cars into the club?

(My answers, for the record, are yes, possibly and yes)

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »

yes yes & yes* **

*they may already own an old Lancia

**if they don't it may persuade them to buy and look after one

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »

I wouldn't buy a Chrysler-badged car, even if it's Lancia engineering underneath. Aside from the driving experience, a car is the biggest  projection of youself & values to other people. I don't relate to Chrysler and wouldn't want to be pre-judged as a Chrysler owner by the wider world. Changing the badge wouldn't change things.
However, I wouldn't impose my values and decision on others and would welcome owners of Chrysler-badged Lancias to the club.
By the way, I do acknowledge that I'm brand-led, not engineering-led. All my Lancias have been Fiats with Lancia badges, and I'm completely relaxed about that!
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »

My sentiments exactly Harvey.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
toby2449
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

Ever since the marrige of Lancia & Chrsyler, and it was announced that Lancia would replace Chrysler in Europe (excl UK & Ireland), i've been wondering if Chrysler were to offer their version of Delta here would i buy it? Hell yeah!!! I'd probably replace the badges & grill though!

If this works out between Chrysler & Lancia, i dare say it'll end up being just like Opel & Vauxhall, same cars different bagdes.

But i wish they had just brought back Lancia as Lancia!!

fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »

I wouldn't buy a Chrysler-badged car, even if it's Lancia engineering underneath. Aside from the driving experience, a car is the biggest  projection of youself & values to other people. I don't relate to Chrysler and wouldn't want to be pre-judged as a Chrysler owner by the wider world. Changing the badge wouldn't change things.
However, I wouldn't impose my values and decision on others and would welcome owners of Chrysler-badged Lancias to the club.
By the way, I do acknowledge that I'm brand-led, not engineering-led. All my Lancias have been Fiats with Lancia badges, and I'm completely relaxed about that!

That's why you just love your Fiesta then...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »

You mean "Fiestal" ... Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Harvey
« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »

I am not emotionally attached to my Fiesta. It's bland, but I tried to compensate by choosing a bold colour.
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: 16 September, 2010, 03:33:10 PM »

All my Lancias have been Fiats with Lancia badges, and I'm completely relaxed about that!

Since current Lancias are considered to be Fiats, are modern Fiat owners allowed in the Club?  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Harvey
« Reply #9 on: 16 September, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

Yes if they re-badge their cars as Lancias! Smiley
toby2449
« Reply #10 on: 16 September, 2010, 03:58:04 PM »

actually thats a good point, i wouldn't be in favour of allowing owners of Chryslers to join the club, but if these new generation Chrysler/Lancia owers were to replace the badge to read Lancia, then i think they should be allowed join.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 16 September, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »

... surely you don't need a Lancia car to be a member of the club ? You just need to love them !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 16 September, 2010, 04:57:24 PM »

actually thats a good point, i wouldn't be in favour of allowing owners of Chryslers to join the club, but if these new generation Chrysler/Lancia owers were to replace the badge to read Lancia, then i think they should be allowed join.

I'd take the view that if they are sold as Lancias elsewhere in Europe, we should encourage owners into the club, regardless of the badge.  But there is a roaring trade, Mr Dealer Sir, to be done in selling trim conversion kits - grilles, steering wheel badges and other name and logo badges - to convert to a Lancia identity.  Its an act of passive resistance...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 16 September, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »

... surely you don't need a Lancia car to be a member of the club ? You just need to love them !

Indeed you don't, but there is broad distance between passive allowance and positive encouragement, and in that gap is a lot of money and a lot of members who could be enjoying our club, and understanding what heritage they have bought into, Chrysler badge or not.  New thinking for the brave new world gentlemen!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #14 on: 16 September, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »

I think that it is an absolute travesty that Lancias will be sold in the UK badged as Chrysler.  I for one will not buy any car with a Chrysler badge on it, even if it is a Lancia underneath.  If I do buy another new car at any time in the future, I will go through all the stress and hassle of importing one from The Netherlands where I can get one from a Lancia dealer, as I did when buying my Delta.

I don't see why we would turn away any owner of a Chrysler badged Lancia, afterall I see the club as being open to anybody who is a Lancia enthusiast.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd