Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:06:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage  (Read 7481 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 21 August, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

Guys thanks very much and Brian especially thanks for the photos.

Something I am wondering about is the car in terms of length is about 40cm shorter than the lock up, so that should be o.k., but in terms of width I can't remember exactly how much clearance there is. Do you buy the chamber/frame so the car can just squeeze in and then walk out of the garage on the outside of the chamber or do you buy the gizmo the full width of the garage and walk out inside it?

Jai,
In my old garage I had the right side against the wall and end, but with the left hand side I had just enough room to get down the outside as I kept the battery down by the fans at the far end on the outside which is where the cable connection to the fans are, that way I could get to change the battery without going inside the airchamber if I didn't need to go inside.
I always put "Fay" nose in (that way you don't gas yourself on startup!) and as far over to the right side as possible, then if I shuffle over and get out the front passenger door ( something we can do, that you can't with modern cars) that leaves me enough room to get out of the airchamber on the inside, I then re-zip and that's it.

So it's worth getting as bigger one as you can fit in the garage but leaving a walkway down the outside of one side.
As you can see from the photos there wasn't a lot of room to spare in my old garage.

Brian
8227 Cool

* Fay & Air Chamber 1.jpg (387.91 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 291 times.)

* Fay & Air Chamber 2.jpg (400.28 KB, 1561x1200 - viewed 321 times.)

* Fay & Air Chamber 3.jpg (290.44 KB, 1168x1600 - viewed 287 times.)

* Fay in Garage 1.jpg (197.82 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 289 times.)
« Last Edit: 21 August, 2010, 03:44:41 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 13 January, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

Just to update, I didn't need a chamber over last winter as one car was elsewhere, but I've recently ordered a Cair-o-port from sliding pillar http://www.rudler.co.uk/
which arrived quickly and I was happy with the service. I have just finished putting it up. I'm pretty happy with it, it was quite straightforward to erect.

Now I'll move onto the powering of the fans off a battery/solar panel top up!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd