Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:52:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Footman James  (Read 2350 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 31 July, 2010, 10:16:27 AM »

There are changes to the way Footman James operates, so I assume this includes Aon as well, that I'm not keen on.
First is that they have now decided after 20+ years of me being insured with them, that I can no longer read, so I have to have at least 2 phone calls to tell me that my insurance is due for renewal, thanks very much, but  I can read the documents sent by post, so I don't need another couple of unsolicited phone calls.

Secondly, they have now decided that as the banks charge them for using there credit card payment system (how else would they do so, if they lost the convenience of the system?) that they will now charge the customer an additional £1.50 when they pay by credit or debit card, as they can no longer afford to lose money they have lost, by not charging up to now, maybe I'm being a bit cynical, but it seems to me like another very convenient revenue stream has just been identified as paying by card using the phone or the internet will incur this charge, perhaps I should go back to sending them a cheque.
When I queried why this cannot be incorporated in the cost of the insurance premium, I was informed that the FSA doesn't allow it to? I would have thought that the Insurance premium already covers overheads, so why should this be any different? that is unless the charge is already incorporated, and this is a second bite at the cherry.
Not a lot of money involved, but certainly a principle.
Rant over Angry

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ian
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »

I wonder if they would swallow the cost, if you threatened to leave?
Iv'e recently renewed with Flux. I tried others but their policys lacked a few things that Flux included. So to save mucking about, I stayed with them.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »

I wonder if they would swallow the cost, if you threatened to leave?
Iv'e recently renewed with Flux. I tried others but their policys lacked a few things that Flux included. So to save mucking about, I stayed with them.
Weren't very helpful, just defensive on the subject, I decided to stay with them as I've been with FJ for about 17 years with various vehicles, I also like their included continental recovery, as well as at home.
IMHO since the takeover by AON, who I never came up with a winning quote for any of my vehicles, and once even refused me cover because the car was kept on the Public Highway, FJ's service and attitude has gone down hill.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2010, 08:56:01 AM »

The club should be passing all of this onto FJ. They are definately not as competitive as they used to be.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd