Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:27:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Century-old Lancia wins over classic car sceptic  (Read 1728 times)
angelorange
Megaposter

« on: 30 July, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »

Century-old Lancia wins over classic car sceptic
Monday 26th July, 2010

A journalist has revealed his "new-found respect" for classic cars after taking a century-old vehicle for a test run.

Writing for the Daily Mirror, Steve Myall explained that he did not know what to expect when he got behind the wheel of a 1910 Lancia Tipo 55 Corsa.

He quickly realised that it would be a very different experience to driving a modern car, with the £2 million-rated Lancia offering heavy steering, only a rear brake and gears in a reverse pattern.

Nevertheless, Mr Myall noted that he was quickly won over by the vintage car, completing a "thoroughly enjoyable spin" in it.

"Before today I''ve always scoffed at the veteran rally that clogs up the London to Brighton roads each year," he wrote in the newspaper.

"But having learned just how hard it is to drive a classic car I have a new-found respect. I might even join them."

Lancia was originally founded in 1906 and became part of the Fiat Group in 1969.

Written by Tom Burke

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd