Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:14:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta v's Giulietta- Upsetting the Alfisti  (Read 4854 times)
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« on: 01 July, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »

I have just returned from the Alfa Romeo Centenary in Milano (I am also a member of the AROC) in which I covered 2215 mainly high speed miles in 4 days in my faultless Brera. Unfortunately I did not attend the Lancia centenary in 2006 so I cannot compare like for like but I bet it was considerably better organised than the Milan event which was a joke.

Anyway, moving onto the subject in hand- I was interested to get a good look at the new Giulietta as perhaps the next car for my wife seeing though it no longer looks like we will see the Delta in RHD.

In Milan there were many incarnations in varying colours/trims etc. Now there is no denying it is a good looking car and much better than most cars in its class i.e. Golf/A3/1-Series/Leon/Civic/Focus/Astra etc etc and test reports claim of the fantastic roadholding/handling & wonderful engines, however I expected more-it certainly did not give me the wow factor expected and in my honest opinion does not appear as sturdy  and as well built as the Delta  Smiley nor is it as fine looking or as practical. If I had a RHD choice the Delta would win my heart (and the wifes) hands down and this is what I have posted on the Cloverleaf forum.

Unfortunately there is no way Claire is prepared to use a left hooker in the UK as a daily driver, so it looks as though the Giulietta may be her next new car assuming of course I can drag her away from the 3 pointed star Cry that she is currently attached to.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 01 July, 2010, 07:37:11 AM »

Hi Paul,
There's been some pretty damning comments about it on the alfabb, sounds like it was a bit of a shambles  Embarrassed

Liz has the same issues with LHD, but is not attached the the three pointed star. Of course you may eventually be able to get one in RHD, but badged Chrysler - how would Claire feel about that  Cheesy

Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »

Neil,

Never mind what Claire thinks, I would never allow it, it is either/or for me, if its a Lancia then I'll order one tomorrow, if a Chrysler, sorry not a chance. Nothing else to say on the subject.

Yes the Alfa centenary was just a chaotic un-coordinated joke, it was extremely poor value too, at the least the driving was fun, although Claire chose to fly both ways- into Geneva going out and out of Malpensa coming back.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
lee69
« Reply #3 on: 17 July, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »

Whilst on the subject of Alfa dynamics http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/04/23/fiat-details-future-disappointment-strategy/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd