Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:08:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Scuffs From Glass  (Read 2243 times)
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« on: 16 June, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »

Preparing to repaint my Fulvia and so have removed all the glass.Obviously there are plenty of scuffs and light scratches after 38 years especially on both the drivers and passengers door glass. Luckily I have a brand new windscreen. Can anybody give me some advice as to how to try and remove as many of these marks as possible.Google mentions using metal polish and gentle buffing. Anybody had any success with this or some other method ?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Tim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

I have heard that wire wool is good. But I have to say I haven't tried it ! Easy enough to test on a non-windscreen

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
TonyLanciaBeta
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »

I used the kit from Frost on my Beta side windows, It removed around 75% of the scratches

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8109&frostProductName=Windscreen%20Scratch%20Repair%20Kit&catID=20&frostCat=Glass&frostSubCat=&subCatID

Tony Harrison #12704
LMC Beta Advisor
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L- under restoration
Neil Lewis
« Reply #3 on: 17 June, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

I used the stuff which was available from The Eastwood Company years ago (out of business now).  The kit contained a small pot of white dust (with the texture of flour) and a small polishing buff to fit in a drill.  You tipped out a small amount of the dust and mixed it to a paste with water.  Then dipping the buff into it you did a few square inches at a time.  I started on the deep scratches which, while not removed entirely, certainly lost there "sparkle" and then did the whole of the windscreen.  Wash off with water.  That little pot went a long way.

OK it wasn't as good as a new windscreen but it certainly rejuvenated it especially for night driving.

Sorry I don't know what it was called or where you can get it nowadays, and it was quite expensive...

Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd