Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:04:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Silverstone Classic: 22 July, 2011 - 24 July, 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SILVERSTONE CLASSIC, July 22nd, 23rd and 24th.  (Read 20054 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 25 June, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »

Booked in for the weekend with Rikardo. Looking forward to it!

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
hyena1

« Reply #16 on: 25 June, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

Anyone want to share a 2 for 1 with me? Planning to take the Hyena on Saturday but going alone as Mrs Hyena does not wish to attend.
Mark

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena
1988 Integrale 8v (ex-Alan Hutton)
2011 Ypsilon [yes it is a Lancia, just got wrong badges on Smiley]
2014 Ypsilon - this one's black

07711 880172
hyena1

« Reply #17 on: 29 June, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »

I have now bought the 2 for 1 ticket for Silverstone on the Saturday as that's the only way I could get the Hyena into the club enclosure! So if anyone wants a ticket for £25 (normal day ticket price = £48.60!) let me know!
Mark

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena

07711 880172
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 15 July, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »

Got my tickets for the event Smiley I notice that the car pass is pre-printed with the registration this year ...

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 19 July, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »

Hi, to all going this weekend, I hear two Lancia LC2 group C cars are appearing on track, chassis #5 and #8, worth going just for that I would say!
Paul.
hyena1

« Reply #20 on: 20 July, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »

The other half of my ticket has now gone, thanks Richard.
See everyone on Saturday,
Mark

Mark Blackburn 4476
1992 Hyena

07711 880172
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 20 July, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

Dare I say the weather forecast looks better ... look forward to catching up Mark (and everyone else!)

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 20 July, 2011, 01:16:25 PM »

thanks for the ticket Mark see you earlyish saturday.also looking forward to 10 cc/queen/stones bands.saw the stones band last year-very good!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #23 on: 22 July, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »

Looking forward to tomorrow (Saturday)

What time are people aiming to be there for?

Was thinking 9.30 to 10am as I cannot see any particular restrictions on vehicle movements on the infield.

Always gone on the Friday for the last couple of years and I guess its a lot quieter than the Saturday.

1993 integrale Evo 2
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #24 on: 22 July, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »

First race nine o'clock. There will be a queue from 08.30 until 10.00. No easy choice. Personally I aim to arrive at  eleven'sh.  It's going to be a long day with arguably the best racing in the evening session. Whatever, the weather looks ok so just relax and have a good time.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #25 on: 24 July, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »

Martin, thanks for organising,

I had a great day on Saturday. Getting into the circuit was slow mainly because a large number of e-types oveheating and blocking the way.

Favorite grid was the historic F1, they looked very scary machines indeed.

Brilliant sign of the times that the sponsors were mainly beer and fags plus Penthouse and Durex!

The pre 66 GT cars were fabulous too and what a big grid. Unfortunately, i had to leave before the Group C stuff so missed the Lancia.

Our cars attracted alot of attention. A small number of interesting and rare cars is probably our USP when trying to get a decent spot at these types of events. After all did anyone bother to walk through the huge field of largely uninteresting Porsches? I thought we were a bit out on a limb at first but there was plenty of through traffic and it was interesting to note the real affection for Lancia from "car people".

Nice to meet everyone.

Thanks once again Martin.

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 25 July, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »

Andy, that was the comment I made to Richard ... we are not just a number , I did walk through the Porsches to get to the trackside but otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Mine was the ONLY integrale there on Sunday.

Thanks Martin for organising and it is just a great event. I don't think that being there for two days I saw everything (wanted to see the drag racing and lawn mower racing). The camping worked well and Jamie Oliver's place is the one for the food. I also got to see Suzi Q in the evening after the group C which, has to be said, with the darkness coming on and their lights on was just fantastic.

I have never seen so many e-types ever. It was unbelievable! It truly is a great car show with historic motorsport too.

Oh, and the 'parade' lap was good fun too ... it is a fabulous circuit and a very good design with the two pits being able to split it into two race circuits.

My top tips would be:
a) get there for 8am - done that twice, never queued.
b) bring a bicycle as you can't get between the pits on foot and the buses get quite full and the queue back looked long*

*I don't understand why but you can't walk** between the pits but if you have a bike*** then you are allowed through ...
** Well, you can walk but it's a long way (which was fine as we didn't mind walking and watching)
*** a brompton will go into an quattro boot

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
bruciebonuz
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

Sad to have missed this - was visiting relatives in Midlands yesterday so drove back on M6 and M1 around 5pm - never seen so many E-types and VW campers on the motorways. 

Sad to see an overheated Merak and Kayalami (stuck in the 15 miles of southbound M1 roadworks from Milton Keynes to Luton doing nothing to help traffic flow sadly!) as well as a Beetle and a Mini all waiting for the two trucks.  Slow moving traffic and 25 degrees are not the best combo.

1969 RHD Fanalone Lusso
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 25 July, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »

a very big and good all round event.thanks Mark for the unique and unexpected chance to ride in your Hyena-that does not happen everyday!the flavia sedan in the LMC area looked rather impressive.thanks Martin for organising the modest lancia display [when compared to the ferrari/porsche/e type displays- the quality of which was dilluted by the number of cars present[thousands between them?]i was rather interested in the ferrari [250/330?]which was in 'barnfind' condition.thanks Mark for the saturday ticket and thanks silverstone for the complimentry friday ticket which i was given at the gate by one of your ticket ladies.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #29 on: 25 July, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »

Yes indeed, a fantastic event.
And to see 2 LC2s on track together for the Group C races (admittedly only 1 in Martini colours, the other being the ex-Mussato car in red) was superb. The first time since 1985 and they were at Silverstone that year for the 1000klms. I know, I went to it.
There were several comments over the PA about its good looks.
(The C11 Mercedes and XJR9 Jaguar also sounded glorious.)

Thanks to Steve for the transport there and back, Martin for his continued enthusiasm for this event and those of you who came and supported it and LANCIA.

If you're remotely interested in Motorsport, you have to go. Even if you're not, you still have to go. A bit like Le Mans; it's a great experience.
The HSCC Big Engine Touring Cars (Mustangs, Falcons, etc.) were hugely entertaining. The 50 (yes 50!) car grid for the World Sports Car Masters was a sight to behold and hear. The Grand Prix Masters (ex-F1 cars). etc. etc. And Group C of course.

Roll on next year!

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd