Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fiat eper link?  (Read 7035 times)
toby2449
« on: 16 April, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »

anyone got a link that works to fiat eper??
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »

anyone got a link that works to fiat eper??

Trouble with the free links to eper is that often they are overloaded and either say try later, or just don't work.
I bought a copy off of ebay about 5 years ago which was version V17 2005,  I bought a later version about 2007 that I downloaded, BIG MISTAKE, this version then asked for a password and authorisation if I remember correctly, which I didn't have; so I thought no harm done I'll remove it and revert to my 2005 version, but it had obviously left parts of the programme on my PC that I didn't know how to find or delete,  everytime I tried to get into my 2005 version it came up with the same question box & wouldn't let me in without the password.
So until my PC crashed recently, I hadn't been able to use my own copy of eper, I'd had to hunt around on line for a freebie, which everyone has found out has it's limitations.
However, as I had to have a new hard drive and Windows XP Home reloaded, I've just found that I can reload and use my own version on my PC again, Yippee Grin
I've now done a complete download to PC, so I don't even have to use it with the CD in the drive, which you have to do with the shortened version.

Only thing that took a bit of time, was finding out how to change the settings to English, this is accessed by the link at the bottom left of the spares page.

Models covered Y10
Y to 2005
Musa
Delta 2
Dedra
Lybra
Kappa
Thesis
Zeta
Phedra.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2010, 10:19:35 PM »

ePer doesn't really exist anymore as its been surpassed by a system called CSPS. This in fully online for Dealerships only, it is now accessed by chassis number or registration number. It is linked directly to numerous systems, comprising warranty information (recalls etc), parts ordering systems, and a parts locater system, which will tell the viewer where a part is located, as in the name of the participating dealership (worldwide).
It updates automatically, so no need for discs.
There are local discs available, but these have an expiry date, after which they more or less self destruct. They can play havoc with PC's if not correctly installed. The recommendation from Fiat is that they are loaded on a central server, updated as required.
The 'look' of the system is also much changed from previous incarnations, and if you do not use the chassis number, the information displayed is for ALL model variants, which makes it difficult to identify particular parts, unless you know the meaning of the various 3 digit codes.
For home use, the best is the old Compact 98, as it contains all models that would be applicable for most users in this part of the world.
Unless you have a very new car, post 2003, ePer is not really that useful.
To change the language, always click on 'configuration' first, then select country, language, currancy etc.
I may have some older ePer discs if anyone is interested, but without the password codes, ePer online will not work.
The password by the way is the Dealer code (each Dealer has one), plus a self penned password, the password has an expiry of 30 days, after which it has to be re-newed. The new password cannot contain any characters from the previous password, and is case sensitive. In fact, for the following six changes, you cannot use any characters from the previous ones. This make sit very difficult, even for a Dealer to remember where they are.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

ePer doesn't really exist anymore as its been surpassed by a system called CSPS. This in fully online for Dealerships only, it is now accessed by chassis number or registration number. It is linked directly to numerous systems, comprising warranty information (recalls etc), parts ordering systems, and a parts locater system, which will tell the viewer where a part is located, as in the name of the participating dealership (worldwide).
It updates automatically, so no need for discs.
There are local discs available, but these have an expiry date, after which they more or less self destruct. They can play havoc with PC's if not correctly installed. The recommendation from Fiat is that they are loaded on a central server, updated as required.
The 'look' of the system is also much changed from previous incarnations, and if you do not use the chassis number, the information displayed is for ALL model variants, which makes it difficult to identify particular parts, unless you know the meaning of the various 3 digit codes.
For home use, the best is the old Compact 98, as it contains all models that would be applicable for most users in this part of the world.
Unless you have a very new car, post 2003, ePer is not really that useful.
To change the language, always click on 'configuration' first, then select country, language, currancy etc.
I may have some older ePer discs if anyone is interested, but without the password codes, ePer online will not work.
The password by the way is the Dealer code (each Dealer has one), plus a self penned password, the password has an expiry of 30 days, after which it has to be re-newed. The new password cannot contain any characters from the previous password, and is case sensitive. In fact, for the following six changes, you cannot use any characters from the previous ones. This make sit very difficult, even for a Dealer to remember where they are.

Thanks for the insight Kevin,
Certainly easier when we used to use Tavoli's!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 17 April, 2010, 01:10:21 AM »

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the new system. Its overly complicated in my opinion. Sometimes all you want is a simple part number, not pages and pages of info to trawl thru' before you find it...
Sometimes we find ourselves using the old compact system as its quicker in many ways. The new system has so much information that if your broadband is not up to scratch, it can be very slow. Plus the most annoying part is that it 'times out' for security reasons, then you have to enter all your passwords again. Bearing in mind that in a dealership, each user has his/her own password, than you login using the dealer password.
My main gripe is the chassis number use, I grew up with parts books, then microfische, you got used to looking for parts WITHOUT the need for a chassis number, in other words you had to learn the system. Simply punching in a chassis number takes away the learning process.
Progress I suppose...

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd