Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamma photos  (Read 8168 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 22 April, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »

I think I'm going to be OK for most things fairly soon  Grin  Moreover, if I hinted at a general call for photos I think I'd be buried under the avalanche, given the response on Gammas...

Sorry to have bothered you, it would be nice to know what the Club holds.

As I understand, it is quite fragmented.  Colin Marr is passing to me what he holds (and has I think scanned in himself on behalf of the club), but I understand that there are also pictures with Will, Brian Mills and Chris with the Club Library, plus also, I imagine, other material in the hands of other members.  The ultimate solution, which is being worked on, is to get all of this online, for members only access.  Then not only could all the official club material by stored in one place, but also material held by others members could be uploaded by them for storage and sharing.  I'm trying not to complicate that by creating my own press library, so for now I'll just ask on a case by case basis, and allow the formal, and hopefully very effective solution, get off the ground!  And no need to apologise - I'm always a. very grateful and b. often astounded, by the willingness of club members to help in any number of things.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 22 April, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

I can explain some of the fragmentation that Chris refers to.

A few years ago I became interested in finding out more about the photographs that formed the John Maltby bequest to the LMC. The official custodian of the photo library is the LMC Librarian, Chris Hopkins, and after the AGM in 2008 I borrowed from Chris the Maltby photos (about 50 of them) and others contained in two lever-arch files of black & white photos – about 200 in total. These were duly scanned and the originals returned to Chris, together with digital copies on CDs and with indexes in Word form, which are searchable.

The idea then was to make all of these available to LMC members, either by distribution of the CDs, or online, and effort was spent on finding out more about the sort of software that could do this. Apart from some colour transparencies that Chris also held, I then thought that this was the totality of the photo library.

I ceased to be involved with this early in 2009, when in addition to the photos held by Chris Hopkins, it seemed there were also large numbers of LMC photos held by Will How and Brian Mills – these included photos rescued from Fiat (Fiat Collection) and a collection of valuable motor sport photos (Colin Taylor Collection) purchased by the LMC. I am not aware of any of these being scanned.

Colin

PS Aren’t old photos lovely!

* Lancia Range 2.jpg (35.65 KB, 259x267 - viewed 365 times.)
Autonut
Lapsed

« Reply #17 on: 29 April, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »

Hi Chris, I have loads of good quality pics of my coupe if you want any I will e mail them to you. Im suprised you did not post a request on the Gamma consortium website, loads of Gammas there! Grin

Marcus.

1978 Gamma Coupe 2.5 ser 1
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 29 April, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »

I've done pretty well from here, though I'm sure from our resident consortium members.  I think the article is now written, and the poor chap has been deluged with pictures of Gammas!  But thanks for the offer...!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd