Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bedfordshire Speed Cameras.  (Read 3055 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 02 April, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »

Potholes everywhere, Council pleading poverty, and that they will have to make cuts in services, but Bedfordshire Safety (Joke) Partnership, have just spent vast sums of money to purchase new camera vans, that can get you coming from either direction, at the same time, will take picture of the rear number plate of a motorbike that hasn't got a front number plate, and will also take a photo of the driver of a vehicle as it passes the van, from a sideways looking camera.
You have been warned!
Meanwhile I look in vain for a traffic patrol car.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
zagatoboy
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »

Brian, you know they can't use the photograph to identify the driver, it can only be used to id the car by reg no. which is why they ask the registered keeper who was driving at the time of the pic, if you argue that it wasn't you for long enough (Usually about two or three replies) they will give up as it's too much hastle for them, they like the easy ones that just admit it and send in their money!
People automaticly think there's no way out, THERE IS!
Now, pot holes, have you noticed how cars are 'Weaving' all over the place? it's like we're all behind the 'Pace car' trying to keep the heat in our tyres!  Wink   
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

Pot holes or inverted speed humps seems an apt description especially in Surrey where roads have both features in abundance, some (most) roads are terrible in this area, could a general election improve the roads.....? Speed cameras are not too common fortunately

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
thecolonel
« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »

Sorry to upset the applecart but if you don't identify the driver then the registered keeper
gets 6 yes 6 points instead.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2010, 01:17:56 AM »

Pot holes or inverted speed humps seems an apt description especially in Surrey where roads have both features in abundance, some (most) roads are terrible in this area, could a general election improve the roads.....? Speed cameras are not too common fortunately

Great description, I'll have to remember that one!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
zagatoboy
« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »

Sorry to upset the applecart but if you don't identify the driver then the registered keeper
gets 6 yes 6 points instead.

Hi Geoff,

Good to hear from you again,

No they dont! I do know they are thinking of changing the system but if you do not know who was driving the vehicle at the time they can't dish out 6 points to a registered keeper, what if the registered keeper does not have a drivers license or is a company? they need written evidence or an addmission from a driver or person to able apply points however, they will threaten you with all sorts, but it is clearly stated that the photo can't be used to id the driver in the small print.

I am not suggesting you go out and try it, but if you are unfortunate enough to get caught in this money making project by the government, believe me, IT DOES WORK but as this is a public forum I'll leave it here......?

thecolonel
« Reply #6 on: 03 April, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »

Hiya,
only going on info supplied on Pistonheads S/P&L, last time I was caught the camera was parked
illegally (according to local by-laws) but I still got 3 points, even though the cross hairs weren't
centralised and there were two cars in the frame.

Still one 1 (so far) in 12 years

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd