Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:30:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MANIFOLD QUESTION  (Read 2605 times)
andrew
« on: 12 March, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »

Is there anyone out there who knows an easy way to refit the inlet manifold to the head on an 8v delta quattro? If the answers yes, how about the exhaust manifold aswell. Anyway of not lying on the floor looking up all the time. Many Thanks in Advance   Smiley
Mike8v
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »

Not sure about the inlet as i only done that when the engine was out but best way for the exhaust in my opinion is to take the rad off, Iv done it bout 3 times so far so I know the procedure quite well Grin.  The only way i can see the inlet at the mo would be to take off the cam box an go from there but thats just making a load more work for yourself.
Hope that helps ( Id imagine probably not Wink )
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2010, 12:14:33 AM »

Is there anyone out there who knows an easy way to refit the inlet manifold to the head on an 8v delta quattro? If the answers yes, how about the exhaust manifold aswell. Anyway of not lying on the floor looking up all the time. Many Thanks in Advance   Smiley

sounds like a case of bite the bullet, pull the power unit out, and do everything necessary including belts and bearings, so hopefully you can leave it alone for a fair time once it's back in place, probably cheapest option in the long run anyway.
Not very helpful if all you want to do is refit the inlet manifold, and the exhaust manifold.
Do you have a problem with either, or is it an urge to tinker Shocked

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
andrew
« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »

Do you have a problem with either, or is it an urge to tinker Shocked

I had blown the head gasket, The head has been off and new gasket fitted and bolted down; It was not too bad removing the head but it proving difficult refitting, everything else has gone on very smoothly possibly due to alot of preparation; I am not in a rush and will let you know if I come across a way of doing it; Fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd