Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Maxaloid' Number(s)  (Read 4221 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« on: 10 February, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »

Hi,

Anyone know anything about 'Maxaloid' (Paint) Number(s), and how to convert them to modern paint numbers please?  Huh?

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Zagato

« Reply #1 on: 10 February, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »

I think its Macaloid not Maxaloid

I would try one of the paint companies like Dupont

Theres usually a Contact Us button on their websites
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 11 February, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »

I Googled and came up with Macaloid too, but I wasn't sure how it related to paints, but the Dupont suggestion is a good one. Thanks.

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 February, 2010, 09:02:18 AM »

I Googled and came up with Macaloid too, but I wasn't sure how it related to paints, but the Dupont suggestion is a good one. Thanks.

Hello Guy,
For which of your fleet are you after this information.
The Fulvia Tavoli lists as it lists Dupont,Glasurit, & Max Meyer, dependent on the colour.
If it's of any use to you I'll post it on here.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 11 February, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »

i've never had a problem matching PPG numbers "fulvia >" or dupont numbers, maxmayer numbers are also quoted for pre fulvia and i've had little luck matching those, generally if you have the colours name ie ascot bronze common fulvia 3 colour and year of manufacture of the vehicle the paint companies can match to a paint code of that era , my appia is just lancia verde again a fulvia colour s1 and that was matched this way, hope this helps james

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
Philm
« Reply #5 on: 11 February, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »

I have a set of paint chips with formulations for Glasuirt paint for the Fulvia
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 12 February, 2010, 05:24:51 AM »

This is a particular nasty situation: as far as I know, there is no conversion for Max Meyer paint nubmers to contemporary (and other manuf) paint codes. There was a visit by Lechler to this issue, as they tried in the early 1990's to match earlier Lancia paints. See:

http://web.me.com/geoffreyg/Cars/Blog/Entries/2007/6/24_Colors_-_Glasurit_and_Lancia.html

For the Fulvia, life is easier: in some cases other manufacturers are listed; alternatively, Glasurit paint chips exist for that period, and can be used, thus giving you a modern paint code for an old color. Also, Lechler codes (good if you are in Europe, but not for the US) for the Fulvia are listed here:

http://www.viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qanda/body/colors.php

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #7 on: 12 February, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »

I have all the information about Fulvia and later model's paints, but it's a white roof over lipstick red for my Appia coupe' which puzzles me.

I have asked Don Cross about it, and he came up with the 'Maxaloid' numbers, but even he has no idea how to convert them to modern paint codes.

Don guesses the colours could be "...Avorio Chantily 12.043 Maxaloid extra/Max Meyer and either Rosso Maja 12.441 Maxaloid extra/Max Meyer or Rosso Arcoveggio 10.593 Maxaloid extra/Max Meyer."  Huh?

Many thanks to everyone for volunteering information - what a fantastic crowd of Lancisti!  (We could start a thread called "Who's hot on the Forum"  Grin)

Kindest regards,

Guy McDougall
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd