Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:08:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch / Gearbox Fault  (Read 3163 times)
Nick Gramaglia

« on: 19 December, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »

Hi all,
I have a small problem with my series three Coupe when I start the engine from cold it turns over on the starter motor easier if I dip the clutch and starts no problem, but when I then release the clutch in neutral the car lurches forewad it does not stall and drives fine but I wonder if this is the start of something expensive.
Nick
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »

Nick,

Mine does almost the same thing, but I wouldn’t describe it as ‘lurches’ forward, more like a gentle nudge. I think it’s just the cold viscous oil in the gearbox picking up some forward drive and is nothing to worry about. If the gearbox oil hasn’t been changed for a few years you might try doing that and a using modern oil, like Fiat’s Tutela 80W/90.

Colin
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »

if the clutch is not fully disengaging i think the only adjustment is by means of the wing nut on the cable.i do normally depress the clutch pedal when starting anyhow[especially from cold]to give the starter motor less load.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Peter W

« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »

Mine does just the same.  The hand book tells you to depress the clutch when starting.  Clearly this reduces drag and gives the starter an easier time.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
Nick Gramaglia

« Reply #4 on: 21 December, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »

Thanks for the replies,I doubt the gearbox oil has been changed in the last 5 years so I will do that.
Regards Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd