Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Rev Counter Drive  (Read 2447 times)
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« on: 01 December, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »

Hi, can anyone tell me how the mechanical rev counter on the Fulvia is driven? Obviously it's a cable from the engine but where does this attach? I assume it's driven off the crankshaft or a camshaft? And how many revolutions does it make per 1000 on the engine?

Guy
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 01 December, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »

It drives off the bottom of the distributor drive which is driven off the bottom of the inlet camshaft.

See relevant page from the TAV and a photo of my engine. To give the correct engine revs it must have 2:1 gearing as the cams run at half engine speed.

Neil

* DSCF0820.JPG (122.31 KB, 800x534 - viewed 336 times.)
* Mech rev counter.ppt (432 KB - downloaded 187 times.)

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »

many thanks Neil, that seems to confirm that Italian mechanical rev counters are driven at half the engine speed, the driven cog looks about the same size as the gear on the distributor. I'm trying to get a mechanical gauge that I've acquired for the Stratos working off the Alfa V6 motor... I'll get there now research is working, just need to fine a suitable drive connector to fit somewhere on the engine. There's a blanking plug where a distributor sat once with a driven gear beneath that I may be able to hook up to.
Cheers
Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd