Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:09:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 2958 times)
Autonut
Lapsed

« on: 27 November, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »

Hi Guys. I have just returned from the filming of the Lancia episode of the Top Gear progamme and it was a very enjoyable, if very long day. In my humble opinion I feel that the programme will show Lancia in a fairly positive light. Of course there is mention of the dreaded 'R' word, unreliability and general fragility of some of the models, but they do consider Lancia to be the manufacturer which has produced the greastest (if slightly flawed) cars of all time! Yes there was the usual playground humour...a race between a battered HPE and Marina no less, and yes, a piano landed on the latter!! The HPE soldiered on for another lap and then caught fire. Hammond and Clarkson drove a montecarlo, Fulvia, Stratos and Integrale, despite mentioning the cars shortcomings, they praised them for individuality, beauty and performance. There was mention of the Gammas steering/cambelt issues, but they did not drive it. They then listed what they felt were seven of Lancias greatest cars, Aprillia, Stratos, Montecarlo, Fulvia, Flaminia, Delta Integrale and Gamma. Consideration was also given to Lancia's innovations, bravery of design and rallying successes.
The guest on the show was DJ Chris Evans, and there was a debate between him and Clarkson on the issue of Lancia being the manufacturer of the greatest cars, with Clarkson fighting our corner over Ferrari!
Im sure that a lot of what we saw will be cut from the show this Sunday, but if you look carefully you will see my silver Gamma Coupe in the opening sequences of the Lancia article as we drive through London.
We had a fun day out, my better half even managed to get a cuddle from James May, this made her day..(easily pleased then!). As Im sure everyone knows by now, the programme will be aired this Sunday at 9 oclock.

Good to be back on the forum,
Marcus. Grin

Marcus.

1978 Gamma Coupe 2.5 ser 1
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 November, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »

And good to have you back!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 November, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »

Post Ross : Trailer for TopGear Clarkson & Hammond in the Stratos loving it !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd