Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:36:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Series 3 Coupe in South Africa  (Read 4575 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 07 November, 2009, 12:52:45 AM »

I've had an email from Jim Baldwin asking can anyone help on the history of an ex UK Fulvia Series 3 Coupe Chassis Number 818.631 071118., From what I've found out so far it would have been built 1974-1975.
The owner has no history whatsoever, I've asked if he has the UK registration number but as it was already in SA when he bought it to restore, it's doubtful.
It might trigger someones memory that it has been fitted with Vernier cams.
Would the timing chain needed to have been changed as well to suit the vernier Cams as he sems to think the chain has bigger links??

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 November, 2009, 05:37:32 AM »

hi Brian,i once fitted early s2 vernier camshafts and pulley wheels to my s3 fulvia coupe which are compatible with the s2/ s3 chain.the s1 pulley wheels/chains that i have come across have different teeth/chain link spacing so  to fit these one would need to match components including crankshaft+aux.pulley wheels.best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »

Hi Brian,

There was a UK spec Fulvia Coupe in SA a long time ago, but I have no suggestions about chassis number, cams etc. as I never saw under the bonnet.  The red car I refer to belonged to Ian Ratazzi who imported it.

I suggest the current owner approach the traffic authorities in SA who can print an owner history on request.

Kindest regards,

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
jimb
« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

Hi Guy

This is most probably the same car. It has been in the Cape for a few years now, when did you last see it in Jo'burg? Are you still in contact with Ian?

Will follow up your suggestion on how to find out the history.

Have hopefully attached a picture for those that are interested and to aquire the skill of posting.

Cheers
Jim

* 6614_137142097362_607902362_3336973_5632869_n.jpg (51.12 KB, 604x453 - viewed 413 times.)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »

Hi Jim,

I think Ian Ratazzi left SA more than 20 years ago.

I'll dig round in my photo albums, scan a pic, and post it for you when I have a moment.

Hopefully the photo will show the old (Transvaal?) registration number.

Kindest regards,

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #5 on: 18 November, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »

Jim,

Here's the pic.  Note TV2602 number plate, and LMC grille badge. 

As far as I know Ian Ratazzi was an LMC member about 1981 when this photo was taken at the Lancia Owners Club Concours at Hodd's Home, and brought the car from the UK wih him when he came out here.

Kindest regards,

* Ian Rattazzis Fulvia.jpg (47.35 KB, 656x457 - viewed 392 times.)

Guy McDougall
jimb
« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2009, 06:23:17 PM »

Hi Guy

Apologies for the delay in replying but have been off-line for 5 days due to a cable fault. (The joys of living in Africa)

Thanks for the pic. Hopefully the registration will give us a few more leads.

It shows what enthusiasm there is for Lancia in SA when you think that the Fulvia has been kept in this sort of condition for about 30 years.

I am going to be in the UK the same time as you, but down in Eastbourne, maybe we will be able to meet at last if there is a Lancia do between our locations.

Cheers
Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd