Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:50:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black carpets turning green?  (Read 30517 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 01 December, 2009, 10:53:36 AM »

I have glanced at this correspondence and then last night I  had a eureka moment hence this post.
In early 1974 (?) I bought a brand new Fulvia 3 which had orange cloth seats and door panels and black carpets. That summer I noticed that in bright sunlight the carpets had a green hue to them and this seemed to be all over - not just where they might have faded slightly. It sounds like the carpets of this type continue to go green over time.
This was replaced by a new 1600 Beta Coupe with green cloth interior and black carpets (in 1976) and I remember checking the carpets in bright sunlight  - they remained black for the 3 years that I had the car.

Then came a Monte Carlo, a Gamma Coupe and then an Alfa GTV6 but Jacky had 1st Srs and 2nd Fulvia Sedans and we always had a Fulvia 1600 Sport or Coupe for fun.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #46 on: 01 December, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »

this is exactly what happened to my s3 fulvia, no idea why but it just happens  Huh?

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #47 on: 01 December, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »

this is exactly what happened to my s3 fulvia, no idea why but it just happens  Huh?

Funny enough the one I helped break that had green carpets, was also with the orange trim Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #48 on: 01 December, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »

So is it safe to say that green carpets are not an original fitments to the Lancia Fulvia?

People who are restoring Fulvia’s should be aware of this, have seen so many gorgeous cars restored only to be spoilt with green carpets.

Series 1, 1.3 Fulvia Zagato 1969
ian
« Reply #49 on: 01 December, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

Come on lads, next thing that you'll be saying that the crinkled finish on your cam covers was smooth when it left the factory!   Grin  Grin
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #50 on: 01 December, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »

Ian, the crinkled finish is correct for the covers but it was originally green when it came out of the factory and has turned black over time.

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #51 on: 02 December, 2009, 04:10:23 PM »

It is definite that series 3 fulvias had a predominance of green carpets. I personally have not seen on a series 2 but some may have been retro fitted with dealer stock etc???

I suspect Fiat got a good deal for the run out series 3's and wanted them to look nice with the bright orange velour seating etc!!

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
libbyvic
Lapsed

« Reply #52 on: 04 December, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »

Have to join in since you mentioned the 'striking' combo of orange interior with green carpets. I have such a Fulvia sold to me by Paul! Sad to say that is what attracted me to it! The carpets are evenly green, under seats and dark areas which seems odd for a sunlight/UV effect. Looks great to me though especially with the chocolate brown outside!!...where are my flares.

M

PS had the interior of the Zagato changed to black leather with green carpets to complete the set!

1968 Fulvia Sport S1 Zagato
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« Reply #53 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »

Hi Michael

Pleased you are still enjoying the Fulvia.

The carpets on the Fulvia are definitely faded to green, I should know I have had them out when I was cleaning them, if you look carefully round the edges you will notice it was definitely black in the distant past.

Pleased you went with black seats for the Zagato, shame you went with green carpets as it is not standard, but many people think it was, still looks good.

How is the Zagato coming along, you should be almost finished now?

Paul

ian
« Reply #54 on: 05 December, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

I think that there may be some sort of conspiracy going on here  Wink
Am I right in thinking that the TAV doesn't mention green carpet as an option for S2 cars and this could also be the same for S3 as well? If that is the case, where does it mention that there was an option for black?
I think that stating that "its a shame" that another owner has (possibly) the wrong colour carpets is a bit premature, the decision on that surely has to be taken by the club as a whole and not pushed through via a forum, to me the forum is a place for discussion (and a bit if light hearted banter) To say "that's a fact" is too strong a word I feel, I think that it has yet to be proved. I do find it hard to visualize the carpet on my S3 fading all over, with no sign of black left, not even on the edges, under the seats or under the center console. Unless as you say that the carpet has been replaced, personally I don't think so.
But, consider this. What if the original carpets were green and some factory/dealers or owners decided to dye their's black and it is in fact the green coming back to its rightful place? Is it possible that some cars, left the dealers with green, black AND dyed green/black? I hope that's the case, because if so, then we are all correct Yay!
Having said all that, I am prepared to hold my hands up If I'm wrong, admit my sins and be punished severely by the powers that be.
I'm off to the garage, take her out for a blast and then dig out the old carpet from the loft for a thorough inspection, because I'm not so sure now  Huh?
May the discussion continue  Grin
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #55 on: 05 December, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

My third series Fulvia Coupe was a sort of yellow (but described in the log book as green) and had green carpets. I always thought this typically Fiat and ok. Now Im confused.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #56 on: 05 December, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »

Yep, I too had a green S3 coupe with green carpets.  Huh?

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #57 on: 05 December, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »

I think the passage of time is getting some people confused. S2 cars and that includes all Zagatos had black carpets.
S3 (which were only Coupes) had green carpets........ and I am old enough to remember them when the were new (just).
BUT there is a crossover period when you can get S2/S3 hybrids with some parts from one car and some from another and they were like this when new.
These are the main differences:
S2, No headrests, black dials, woodrim (Plastic) steering wheel, (plastic) chrome grille and bonnet scoop, black carpets, vernier cam wheels, no emmisions controls on carbs, chromed Lancia & Fulvia badges on back (script type on earlier cars, block type on later cars) Black round gear Knob with blue shift pattern in top
S3, Headrests, white dials, Black plastic steering wheel, black grille and bonnet scoop, green carpets, Non vernier cam wheels (and Fiat bolts in engine) emmision controls on carbs, block type rear badges with black background, wooden gear knob.
I sure that covers the main things, but I'm bet there are a few other things I have missed.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #58 on: 05 December, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »

I think the passage of time is getting some people confused. S2 cars and that includes all Zagatos had black carpets.
S3 (which were only Coupes) had green carpets........ and I am old enough to remember them when the were new (just).

ade sorry to throw a spanner into this but your theory of green carpets in s3 coupes doesn't fit in with my car, on the origional photo's of the car when it was brand new it clearly had black carpets,..........now theyre green, evenly all over except for areas thet have been trapped ie under the center console, however under the seats and everywhere visable are now green, if you look at the origional s3 brochure's the cars had the loud yellow and orange seats but black carpet, i was always under the impression that they should be green until i bought my 1 owner from new s3 with all its history from new, this proved i was wrong  Roll Eyes i dont think its sunlight that fades them and as said on here previously they faded from an early age but no idea why  Huh?
« Last Edit: 05 December, 2009, 07:01:49 PM by chugga boom » Logged

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
libbyvic
Lapsed

« Reply #59 on: 06 December, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »

On the Zagato line, because they were 'bespoke' cars, could you have any colours or were they still chosen from a colour chart for interior and exterior colours?
The green to me always had that Italian querky style. Black with black carpets is so Audi and BMW! With a colour, you hav some conrast looking through the rear hatch and side glass which picks up the seats......I should get out more.

M

1968 Fulvia Sport S1 Zagato
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd