Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:20:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Flavia Trim items  (Read 2159 times)
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« on: 30 August, 2009, 11:08:22 AM »

A brief moment of summer yesterday so I rushed outside and started removing the chrome trim items from the Flavia in preparation for rubbing down the paint to save money at the bodyshop.

Didn't get much off as the wife wanted to go shopping (boring!!!  Tongue)  but I did manage to remove the radiator grille and its surround.

Now here is my problem. A previous owner has butchered the chrome surround by drilling holes through it in 4 places so that he could screw it to the body shell to hold the assembly (grille & surround) in place.

It is clear that this is not what Lancia intended so I am now trying to figure out what the correct attachment method is. It looks like the chrome surround should have brackets on it (all but 1 have rusted off mine) and the grille then attaches to these brackets... yeah!?

Is the combined assembly (chrome surround and grille bolted together) offered up to the bodyshell and then bolted to the body using the body shell bracket at the bottom of the radiator intake. There are 2 holes in this bracket that align with 2 holes in the grille?

I'm puzzled, because I only seem to have this one bracket on the bodyshell and it just doesn't look like it will be enough to keep the grille and chrome surround snugly fitted to the bodyshell!?  Undecided

I'll try to send pics!

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: