Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:06:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lambda in Saving Britain's Past  (Read 2833 times)
chrislg
« on: 27 August, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »

Did anyone happen see the programme on BBC2 Monday 24th August called 'Saving Britain's Past'? During the programme a Lambda Torpedo (looking as though it had been shortened) registration number PX4213 was seen for a short time being driven by two bowler hatted men in near deserted London(?) streets in what looked like the early to mid 1950s. The registration does not appear in the last edition of the register, but I am curious to know if anyone can shed any light on this car.

By the way the programme about saving Bath's heritage was interesting as well!

Chris
lee69
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2009, 08:37:45 PM »

I think it's the one discussed in this post http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1747.0
chrislg
« Reply #2 on: 28 August, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »

Hi Lee,

Sorry I didn't notice that it had been discussed before in connection with another programme - looks like the BBC has used the same clip twice, but in both cases it seems with little relevance to the subject being talked about! Still it was nice to see the Lambda as I had missed it the first time.

Chris
Harvey
« Reply #3 on: 28 August, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »

I missed both programmes, but I'm guessing the one on Bath was discussing the Western Riverside Development. One camp is excited about several acres of old scrub and contaminated land being redeveloped, and the another is horrified at the prospect of modern architecture and unsympathetic development.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd