Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:13:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living with a Trevi  (Read 51765 times)
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #60 on: 09 July, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »

Now what's the car in the background...

I suppose you don't mean the Mini behind the Trevi so you must be wondering about the Armstrong Siddeley to the left. It seems TRJ like to restore the most obscure cars around  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #61 on: 09 July, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »

Now what's the car in the background...

I suppose you don't mean the Mini behind the Trevi so you must be wondering about the Armstrong Siddeley to the left. It seems TRJ like to restore the most obscure cars around  Grin Grin

PS did you notice the Beta Coupe hiding behind the toolbox to the right?   Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #62 on: 13 July, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »

The Trevi was collected today and it's back home now   Cheesy I'm very pleased with the end result  Grin TRJ cars understood very well what I wanted. I wasn't after a full nut-and-bolt restoration as there wasn't the budget for it. But I also didn't want to cut corners. I'm especially pleased with the C-Pillar badge plates for which I spent quite some time choosing the 'right' dark grey colour. I decided a grey with a hint of blue would look nice and chose a Mercedes colour. The garage had new "TREVI" transfers made locally in silver and they managed to match the original font exactly   Wink A couple of phone photos and I'll post better ones once I give the car a good polish  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #63 on: 13 July, 2013, 06:02:37 AM »

So wonderful that you are preserving a rarity that most toffee noses wouldn't give a second chance...  Sad

Well done!  Smiley

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #64 on: 13 July, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »

Looks great.   I'm looking forward to more "running reports" and photos of it all over everywhere.

Something I hadn't noticed before - what are those stripes on the boot lid?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #65 on: 14 July, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »

.... what are those stripes on the boot lid?

The Trevi is wearing its city-gent pinstripe suit  Grin Grin Grin
As this is a series 1 Trevi, it has the aluminium panel on the edge of the bootlid  (series 2 Trevi's didn't have this). Here's a close-up photo of my Trevi's rear end  Wink (photo taken at Betameeta12 in Norfolk).

* TreviRear.JPG (70.3 KB, 800x600 - viewed 440 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #66 on: 14 July, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »

Its going to take a careful photo to show aluminium against silver...  Got a shot of a car in a different colour?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #67 on: 14 July, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »

Its going to take a careful photo to show aluminium against silver...  Got a shot of a car in a different colour?

David

I thought my photo above showed it quite well  Undecided
Here's one I found on the internet of the rear of a series 1 Trevi in a darker colour:

Theo Kyriacou
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #68 on: 15 July, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »

The problem is as much my eyesight - I'm still sulking at needing reading specs...

Thank you for the second photo - not sure what's going on but I find the first one makes more sense having seen the second.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #69 on: 15 July, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »

David,
I thought I saw stripes - and like you I've just had to start wearing glasses Sad

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #70 on: 15 July, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

David,
I thought I saw stripes - and like you I've just had to start wearing glasses Sad

I need to wear glasses too  Angry and I can also see the stripes  Cool which are from the plastic backing and shadow from the strong sun on the day  Cool Plus the photo was taken on my phone so it's not very good  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #71 on: 16 July, 2013, 12:12:13 AM »

The blue cloth interior in my Trevi was showing its age as it was very faded and the front seats were worn with a bad repair to the passenger seat. I managed to get a pair of front seats a couple of years ago but they were in beige cloth.

My plan was always to change their colour to blue. Originally I was planning to strip off the covers and put them in the washing machine with some blue Dylon dye. But taking all the covers off car seats without damaging them is not easy and getting them back on properly even less easy. Then I came across a spray upholstery paint (http://www.simplyspray.com/product/simply-spray-upholstery-fabric-paint/) So, armed with six cans of Royal Blue upholstery paint I set off to change the beige seats to blue seats  Grin

First thing was to disassemble the seats.

And then the beige seat bottom was changed to blue  Wink

As the first coat of upholstery paint had to be left overnight to both dry and to be absorbed into the fabric, I turned my attention to refreshing the rear seat by giving it a coat of navy blue paint.

I think it looks quite good in the car  Grin (the photo doesn't really do it justice as the light was failing and I used the flash  Undecided)

The beige seat bottoms were given their second coat today and seem to be getting there  Cheesy

While not perfect, they are a million miles better than the current front seats in my Trevi. I haven't done anything with the front seat backs and I've run out of paint  Embarrassed  I've ordered a few more cans of the paint today so hopefully in  few days I'll get back to trying to revitalise my Trevi's interior  Grin

« Last Edit: 16 July, 2013, 08:29:01 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #72 on: 16 July, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »

That works!!   How much of the garden is now in a matching shade...?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #73 on: 16 July, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

Looks very good!  Smiley

(I heard The Strypes!  Grin )

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #74 on: 16 July, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »

How much of the garden is now in a matching shade...?

Actually, I should have painted the seats green as the grass seems to need a bit of colour back in it  Grin
But I was painting on the patio with the seats on my workbench and even though I put a large drop sheet on it, there's a patch of blueness on the patio which I hope will come off with the pressure washer .....  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd