Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't remember seeing this seal before?  (Read 3100 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 03 July, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »

We were looking at an immaculate integrale 16v than had been owned for 20 years and was originally a Lancar Directors car last night at "Classics in the Walled Garden". The owner didn't realise that all the little black plugs were filling the holes that had been drilled when the car had been Zeibarted with anti rust.
Which probably went a long way to explaining the superb condition and no rust, added to always being garaged, and not taken out in the wet if at all possible.
One thing that caught my eye was a rubber flap along the top of the tailgate that seemed to stop water running into the gutter above the tailgate.
This was a new one on me and I can't remember seeing it before, and it certainly wasn't fitted to my HF Turbo.
Is this something only fitted to integrale, or is it a non standard fit, owner says it's always been on there?

Brian
8227 Cool

* integrale 16v Tailgate seal RED.jpg (124.44 KB, 600x800 - viewed 422 times.)

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »

Hi Brian

As far as I know all Delta's have this strip, my evo certainlly has and when we had a 1600GTie that had one as well.

A lot of cars have had these taken off as they are the prime cause of rear roofline rust, when they get dirty they act as a perfect piece
of sandpaper rubbing the underside of the roof.

I did take mine off for a while but when it rains and you open the tailgate water runs down on to the back seat! The seal is there to divert the water into the rain gutter.

When I clean the car now I make a point of wiping the seal each time and every now and again spraying silicone spray lubricant on to it. It makes the tailgate close really easy.

Regards

Steve
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 03 July, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »

Thanks for that Steve perhaps Ade took it of my HF Turbo as he was a previous owner.

Enjoy your day at the FOS, wish I was going Sad
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd