Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 07:46:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelias racing next Sunday (18 Oct) on the Silverstone International track  (Read 2903 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 09 October, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »

A message from Louise Kennedy:

====

We took the Beta to Germany a couple of weekends ago and Jason and I shared the car in the 300km Eifel Rennen on both the GP and old track - a 25.5km lap!  Not content with that I also was honoured to share Tim's Aurelia in the same race.  Both cars were brilliant (but very different!) and we made up over 50 places in each car.  We came 2nd in class in the Beta and in the Aurelia Tim and I came 5th in class - they stuck a Healey 3000 and E-Type in our class which was a bit unfair.

We've also raced the Aurelia at Thruxton in Sept and also last weekend at Oulton Park.  At Thruxton Jason and I had a race each and loved every minute of it!  Neither of us have raced there so it was a real eye opener but we both got to gripes with the circuit and the car went really well.  I overtook a DB2, Healey 100 (he got me back) and Frogeye.  Jason started at the back of the grid (as he practiced out of session to get more practice time) and got past about 6 cars. 

At Oulton both Chris and Jason did very well considering the harsh handicap given to them.  Jason said the Aurelia was tough to drive around Oulton due to the hard braking required with little time to cool down the brakes before the next braking zone.  Very different to Thruxton which very much suited the car.

We have our last race of the season next Sunday (18 Oct) on the Silverstone International track - I'll be in the drivers seat for this one.  The big news is that our team is currently leading the "Challenge" but only by 4.5 points after dropped scores so it's very tight at the top.  Any one of 5 teams (Aces, Astons, Healeys, Alfas and us) has a mathmatical chance of winning so it's all to play for.  I just hope that the handicappers are a bit more generous than they were at Oulton...

Also (and if you don't mind) as I don't have access to the LMC forum (not registered but I'm sure it's easy), could you please post something on there to see if we can get as many members there as possible?  We may need all the support we can get and the seeing a few road going Aurelia's and friendly supporters is likely to spurr us on.

David Laver, Lewisham.
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #1 on: 19 October, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »

I have asked in another part of the forum, but to no avail, but,does anyone know how the Aurelia Team did on sunday at silverstone. Huh?

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 20 October, 2009, 08:52:04 AM »

Word from Louise:

"The race yesterday didn't go quite as planned as sadly our car had a mysterious fuelling issue in the race which dropped me to dead last but at least I finished.  However Tim and Chris battled on and our team managed a 3rd overall on handicap.  However sadly our worst nightmare happened and our clostest rivals won the handicap on the day so pipped up us to the "Challenge" win by just 1.5 points.  Very disappointing but all 4 team mates (and support crew) had a brilliant season and who can be disappointed with a runners-up position in our first season together.

Roll on next year!!"

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd