Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:26:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000 Coupe update  (Read 5753 times)
Lindsay
« on: 22 April, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »

As no-one posts on here in general, I've decided to make the Flavia/2000 area mine!

The 2000 Coupe did a 10 mile drive yesterday - 8 more than it has done under it's own power since 1999. Apart from needing an idling/fuelling issue sorted, all ready for an MOT (dont ask where it did the 10 miles though).

And, just to ensure the madness continues, I take delivery of a 1971 2000HF tomorrow  Grin

This one not as good as the carb model, so jury is out as to whether it gets fettled or used as a spares car. Solid, with just cosmetics and engine issue so will probably be too good to break.

Next!
Lindsay
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

It passed the MOT!  With a little help from a mate who works there who swore we would change the exhaust for the stainless on the HF.....

Not bad given 10 years of standing doing nothing.

But I am going to sell it as no-one on the forum gives a stuff about Flavias or 2000s. I need a Fulvia to get some social interaction!!!

Just kidding.  Grin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »

I do but can't afford to have one as well as "Fay", I love the early Flavia Coupes for their looks, but the later 2000's particularily the HF with it's power steering and fuel injection, are a sensible choice if you are at the age where struggling without power steering at parking speeds become a problem physically, although Fulvia can be heavy at parking speeds they very soon lighten up once the wheels are in motion.

I think the 2000 saloons are very underrated, but the Flavia Sport or Vignale would be my first choice.

Seems a shame that owners are less vocal in the forum, come on fellas, tell us what great cars they are!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Lindsay
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

Hi Brian. Thanks for the post. Someone out there is watching!

I think the 2000 carb is the best option. The injection is much more complex. 2000 has power steering so nice and light.

I would like a sedan to keep the Coupes company. Sedans are always the poor relation and in many cases are actually the nicer car.

Sport is an acquired taste in terms of styling and the vignale an acquired taste in terms of bank account to get a decent one!

Sadly (!) I have decided to not break the HF. Bodywork is poor on the rear wings especially, but it is so good structurally it would be a crime to break it. However, the 2000 comes first so real HF work will commence next year.

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »

My feelings are the same where Berlinas are concerned which is why I kept "Fay" after restoration back in 1999 and sold my Series 1 1.3 Rallye Coupe instead, although I really wish I could have afforded to keep both; most of the Lancia's I've owned have been Dedra & Thema saloons as you know, but with 2 Y10's, Y elefantino Rosso & Delta Turbo hatchback,for a bit of variety Grin

Good luck with the 2000's.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pinin
« Reply #5 on: 24 May, 2009, 05:25:29 PM »

The 2000HF is a great touring car. We're off to Germany on a rally in June - it'll be the sixth continental tour that it's done.  Picture here: http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/tekwrite/?action=view&current=DSCF0007.jpg

Since this was taken I've added the sill stripes which were specified from new.  These were made up by Dave Mirolo in Dublin who is restoring a 2000HF.

John
Lindsay
« Reply #6 on: 25 May, 2009, 05:41:10 AM »

Hi John. Your car looks great. Nice in white. Injection appeals. My 2000 is fine when going but needs a good 3 or 4 turns on the key to get started after sitting for a week. The "spares" HF which I recently got starts on the button! It is actually very good underneath, one patch weld needed, but the rear bodywork is poor, full of filler which is cracking. For someone with bodywork skills it would be worth taking on - but I don't have those skills so realistically it looks like being the spares car. Or, may just try to sell it on if guilt gets the better of me. I did put an advert on here saying if anyone wanted bits off it to let me know, but no responses so presumably everyone has what they need or parts are easier to come by that I had thought!

Best of luck with the tour!
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 21 July, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

I'm suprised the 2000 Coupe has not a stronger following. All flavia coupes are georgeous cars, indeed the last time I was looking for a Lancia circa Christmas 2006 I had my heart set on a 2000HF, but could not find the right one anywhere. In the end I was side tracked and purchased an equally lovely (& extremely practical HPE VX) at a somewhat cheaper price.  I still intend to purchase a 2000HF in the (hopefully) near future, if prices do not go too high- looking on Italian E-bay they are rising. There is currently a fantastic blue with crema leather 2000HF for sale at 9,500 Euros, slightly up but you should view it, its lovely and is advertised as "Fantastica e oramai rarissima Lancia Coupe 2000HF". Forgot the item number sorry.

Cheers,

Paul Greenway.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #8 on: 21 July, 2009, 02:59:35 PM »

Go on.Go on. You know you want to Roll Eyes

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
Lindsay
« Reply #9 on: 21 July, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »

The Flavia's are very much the poor relation, at least in the popularity stakes, to Fulvias, which is a shame to my mind. I wouldn't discount a good carb 2000 Coupe, rather than the HF. Much simpler to look after than the injection system. However, the HF is the one everyone wants!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd